Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Inquiries

tag
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

Question about Inquiries

How long do inquires actually affect your for?  In myfico credit report it only shows two on my EQ and 1 on my TU,  these are legit from when I refinanced my car loan in february and took out a small personal loan in late december.  but in my credit report from TU (from Transunion.com, it shows all the inquiries for the past TWO YEARS!

Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Inquiries

General rule: they show in your complete CR for two years but only hurt your score for one. Lenders can see them up to two years, though, and if you had a flood of inquiries between one and two years ago it's still possible that on manual review those could cause questions.

Your MyFico report is only a summary and doesn't show the inqs that aren't effecting your score.

Message 2 of 5
binky33
Valued Member

can you dispute an inquiry?

Message 3 of 5
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@binky33 wrote:

can you dispute an inquiry?

Only if it's not legit, like if it was the result of identity theft or because you had no relationship with the company who made the inquiry.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Even if you feel you have basis for disputing an inquiry, you must do so through the CRA.

The direct dispute process specifically exempts disputes related to credit report inquiiries.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.