Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Pay for Delete

tag
crawfordw81
New Visitor

Question about Pay for Delete

I recently had Sprint take an old account to collections with Enhanced Recovery Company.  I was able to get Sprint to agree to a Pay for Delete and to recall the collections and payment was made.  They said it should take 7 to 10 business days for the tradelines to be removed from my credit report. 

My question is should I send out any letters to Credit Bureaus or ERC or Sprint at this point or should I wait until 10 business days have past before taking any further steps?

My situation is this:  I am closing on a mortgage in the middle of August and the collections was put on after the initial pull back in June.  I want to make sure these tradelines are removed before closing (about 34 days) incase the company pulls again.  They say they don't pull again but I don't want to chance it.

Thanks for you advice.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
rd2rebuilding
Valued Member

Re: Question about Pay for Delete

if sprint pulled the collection from the CA and you paid sprint, then the CA has to delete their tradeline. You could DV the CA, which should result in their deletion of the tradeline. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.