Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Settlement w/ First Premier

tag
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

Question about Settlement w/ First Premier

I have an old account with First Premier that was charged off in late 2009/early 2010 for $345.  I haven't heard from them in years but I'm really trying to get serious in cleaning up some old accounts so I contacted them 2 weeks ago to see about paying this off.  They agreed to mark it "Charged Off/Paid in Full" if I were to send them $275.  I'm planning to send the $275 tomorrow but before I did I wanted to make sure this is the best plan of action.  Obviously I owe this & I want to do the right thing, but they said over the phone they won't do a PFD.  (& honestly, part of me doesn't even want to send it if I'm not going to get "something" in return - like a few ponts on my credit report).  I figured I'd pay it & then start sending GW letters & hopefully someone will have pitty on me, but from what I've read here, they're a tough nut to crack.

Any advice?

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
NWintellectual
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about Settlement w/ First Premier

Take the PIF settlement offer, it's the best you're going to get from them. I would suggest however, that you demand a letter from FP in advance stating the precise terms of the settlement. They can FAX this to you (won't do email though).

Starting Score (2/15/14): TU 533 (myFICO) | EQ 509 (myFICO)
Latest score (4/5/14): TU 541 (Lender) | EQ 562 (SW) | EX 576 (myFICO)
Goal Score by 9/30/14: 620+ | Goal Score by 6/30/15: 700+
-----
My wallet:
US Bank LanPass Secured $500 | US Bank HD Secured $300 | Fingerhut $200 | Local CU $1000
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.