Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about an Inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about an Inquiry

I currently have a dilemma which I need help with. I currently have two credit cards through Comenity Bank, Express and Victoria Secret. I called and requested replacement cards as I lost them and they ran my credit resulting in a total of a 12 point drop, they never told me that my credit would be ran, if this was the case I would of hold off on obtaining new cards as Im in the process of purchasing a home. I called them and they claim they were going to reach out to the credit bureau and asked it be removed as they do not see why it was ran in the first place. To speed up the process, I called Experian to dispute the inquiry and was informed I cannot dispute an inquiry and referred me back to them (Comenity Bank). My question is that if VS and Express reaches out to them like they say they will, can they really remove the inquiry and my points be reverted back? Also, are the banks are allowed to run my social with no permission? This is very disturbing and now its questionable if they will remove now since the credit bureau told me dispute with the Comenity but they must still note that they obtain my report.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about an Inquiry

Certainly they made a mistake here and I would think with a couple of phone calls and/or a letter to the CEO you'd get this resolved.

Did you receive 1 inquiry or 2 since it was 2 cards you were having replaced?  A 12 point drop is a lot for 1 or 2 inquiries; I've seen people need 5-6 inquiries to get that kind of drop. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They ran two inquiries. The first one was for my Express card and that was a 2 point drop and the second one was Victoria Secrey which resulted in a 10 point drop. I am so annoyed. Do you think the CEO of Comenity bank? Im concerned and confusd who I need to approach.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They have permissible purpose, based on your having an account with them, to pull your credit report at any time without any express permission.

However, such inquiries are internal account reviews, which the CRA should code as a soft pull.  Soft inquiries have no effect on your credit score, and are not seen by others.

The issue is apparently one simply of getting the inquiry properly coded as an internal account review, and thus a soft inquiry, rather than getting the inquiry deleted.

I would call the creditor and request they recode their inquiry with the proper permissible purpose.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.