Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about collections??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about collections??

Back in 2015-2016 I went through a few months of unemployment. Now I have about 5 collections on my reports. They are all relatively low. The highest being around $800. I've contacted the agencies and no one will PFD. My question is if I pay them, I know my scores wont change much, but will new creditors see me as less of a risk? I now have Cap1 (unsecured), Zales, NFCU(secured loan and cc), self lender all in good standing.. just looking to get back on track without being a big risk to new creditors..
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Question about collections??

@Anonymous wrote:
Back in 2015-2016 I went through a few months of unemployment. Now I have about 5 collections on my reports. They are all relatively low. The highest being around $800. I've contacted the agencies and no one will PFD. My question is if I pay them, I know my scores wont change much, but will new creditors see me as less of a risk? I now have Cap1 (unsecured), Zales, NFCU(secured loan and cc), self lender all in good standing.. just looking to get back on track without being a big risk to new creditors..

For any manual review, it will definitely look better.   Since these aren't going to drop off any time soon, I would pay them if you can.
Then I would follow up with a goodwill saturation campaign.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.