Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about duplicate accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about duplicate accounts

Hi Everyone

I have a account that is appearing on my CR 3 times with the same CA but all 3 have different account numbers. Can someone please tell me how I should approach this situation. I have already tried disputing online but of course that did not help!!What next???
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about duplicate accounts

It's not uncommon for CA to create their own account numbers. Are you sure they are all the same though? Are the amounts and dates the same?  Or is it possible that this particular collection agency happens to be collecting on a few different debts. You want to make sure you have all your ducks in a row before you go firing off any letters, etc.
Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Also, pull your CRs directly from each CRA. Chances are you will see who the OC is on each. If you send DVs, send a DV for each account, one at a time.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they are actually duplicates...you would have to treat the CRAs like babies...and send a copy of your reports...highlighting the duplicates...and ask for them to be removed...are you sure there a 3 dfferent account numbers...and not the 3 TLs showing different parts of the acccount numbers???...sometimes that's the case...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.