Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about how loans are reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about how loans are reporting

Hi all-  I tried to post this in the SL forum, but no one responded so sorry if this might need to be moved somewhere....

My husband is in a student loan rehab for 9 months with collectcorp.  He currently has 3 loans reporting as in collection with US Department of Education on his CR.  These are being updated every month report a balance, and look to be accruing interest.  On the bill form the US department of edu that shows the monthly ACH payment there are 3 loans listed with the same account numbers that is listed on the CR.  This seems to be reporting correctly.

There is a second loan being reported as Direct Loan Svc System or US Dept of Education that has a high credit amount about the same amount that is owed on all 3 of the loans listed above in total but has a $0 balance.  The status is "Payment after charge off/Collection" on TU and "Collection" on EX and EQ.  The account # is his SSN.  DOFD is 7/2005.  He graduated in 2003.  Also, we checked online, and spoke with the US Dept of EDU and they had nothing in their system showing a 4th loan.

Am I correct in saying that the second loan listed above is the OC and will report until it falls off?  The 3 separate loans I mentioned first that are reporting correclty are the tradelines from the CA that will be deleted once out of rehab is about 6 months?  Then a new TL will report with another bank with the new balances?

I just want to make sure I am not DV something that should be there.  Hope that all makes sense.   I can provide more info if needed.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.