Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about new deragatory item on credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about new deragatory item on credit

I moved out of my apartment in November 2007 due to losing my job.  I was 2 months behind on rent and still have not paid.  Today I pulled all 3 CR's and it was reported 4/08 on my credit.  There is no creditor information only original creditor info.  I can pay this off but would like to know if it will affect my credit postively or negatively since it is such a new account.  Should I send a PFD letter first or just pay it?  Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about new deragatory item on credit

jennifer143 wrote:
I moved out of my apartment in November 2007 due to losing my job.  I was 2 months behind on rent and still have not paid.  Today I pulled all 3 CR's and it was reported 4/08 on my credit.  There is no creditor information only original creditor info.  I can pay this off but would like to know if it will affect my credit postively or negatively since it is such a new account.  Should I send a PFD letter first or just pay it?  Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean, "There is no creditor information only original creditor info."

Is this a collection account or is the OC reporting?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a collection account, but there is no contact information for the collection agency.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

jennifer143 wrote:
This is a collection account, but there is no contact information for the collection agency.

Unfortunately, paying it won't help your score one bit.  Once it's there, the damage is done until it is removed.  Although the older it gets, the less it will hurt.

That's why a PFD is always the best option.  If you pay it without a PFD, you have nothing to bargain with.  They will have no incentive to remove it.

Message Edited by cheddar on 04-29-2008 01:41 PM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will definitely send a PFD.  Thanks for your help!

Message Edited by jennifer143 on 04-29-2008 01:43 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.