Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about pay to delete letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First should i send a debt validation letter if i know the debt is mine. Second should i send a debt validation letter to original creditor since there are no collection accounts on my credit report only original creditor. Also if original creditor refuses to te pay to delete will it start the charge off all over again another seven years. Also is it worth it to send a pay to delete letter last reported June 2019. Set to be removed 2025. Please any opinion. Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to write a pay to delete letter but the collection agency is not listed on my credit report collection account was removed only original creditor is showing up as a charge off. So should i write the pay to delete letter to the original creditor last time reported was June 2019. Thank you.

Message 2 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Question about pay to delete letter

Who is the creditor? PFD with creditors doesnt happen with CO's. Some CA's will PFD.

Message 3 of 6
vntrsc
Frequent Contributor

Debt validation letters and pay for delete letters are 2 different things.  In addition, a validation request as outlined in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act does not apply to original creditors.  

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Since you know its yours I would move directly to a PFD request as a DV may anger them as it takes extra work and the PFD is actually asking for a favor.

Message 5 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

A DV is useless if it's been more than 30 days since they sent the dunning notice (initial communication). They wouldn't be required to do anything with it.

Also, as mentioned above, PFD only works with CAs, not original creditors (OC). If there is no CA reporting, then the OC simply hired a third party CA to collect on their behalf, but still owns the debt themselves. Therefore, you wouldn't be able to get a PFD. And no, if they refuse a PFD, the reporting period would NOT restart.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.