Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Chexsystems and Medical reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on Chexsystems and Medical reports

I am just starting the rebuidling journey and will be securing my MyFico score/reports this weekend to see what's what. To cover my bases, I would also like to obtain the various available reports for Chex System, Telechek, medical collections, etc. in case there is anything that doesn't show up on my credit reports.

But, I am a little concerned that there may be negative info on the medical/Chex reports. Until I can verify that and formulate a financial plan of attack (if necessary), I really don't want to draw any undue attention to it.

If there is anything on the Chex/medical files that is currently 'dormant', could my request for a report 'remind' those agencies?

Thank you for taking the time to read and Merry Christmas!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question on Chexsystems and Medical reports

Chex only holds entries for 5 yrs dont know about the medlcal report how long the hold, and no no one gets notified when you pull your own report.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you once again, gdale!

I will get to work on getting my hands on all the reports that I can, then. I have a long road ahead and a lot of work to do. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The big-3 CRAs entered into an agreement with the FTC to provide the required annual credit reports via the approved site at annualcreditreport.com.

Other CRAs, including the ones you mention plus Innovis, were not party to that agreement, and thus you must request your annual report from them.

Each provides an address for requesting their annual reports.

There is an old thread of about a year ago that lists almost all CRAs that retain consumer information.......

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect! Thanks, Robert. 

It looks like some of them prefer to mail me the report(s), as opposed to viewing online. But, as long as I can get the info, I can get to work on fixing it. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I found my INNOVIS report surprisingly clean. I don't know about reports that are medical collection specific, since my medical collections were all small operators, or NCO that had since reorganized the business after receiving account.

Since agencies have to pay to play (my last medical collections were reported to TU only), I highly doubt there is a dedicated cra for medical collections purposes.
Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
I found my INNOVIS report surprisingly clean. I don't know about reports that are medical collection specific, since my medical collections were all small operators, or NCO that had since reorganized the business after receiving account.

Since agencies have to pay to play (my last medical collections were reported to TU only), I highly doubt there is a dedicated cra for medical collections purposes.

I may have misread it, but I think there is a medical entity listed in the follwing thread that allows you to obtain a report that reveals any outstanding medical accounts. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Some-of-the-Lesser-Known-Evils/m-p/16946#M1139...

Message 7 of 8
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Nope. And that thread is from 2007. It's not in their best interest nor financial incentive to keep medical collections separate. And for what purpose?
Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.