Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Foreclosure hearing

tag
DolfanFICO
Established Member

Re: Question on Foreclosure hearing

Thanks, NormanFH... That's what I'll do!!!

Message 11 of 14
DolfanFICO
Established Member

Thanks again, ezdriver!!!

I understand the responsibility thing... but I guess I can disconnect the services and be done with them, right? I guess the original question was more around whether I had the 'obligation' to have the utilities 'active'... but based on another response and also on the fact that I actually could set up a tentative cancellation date with my electricity company, I should be ok... The house is big, has three A/C units, so even if not inhabited, it creates expenses...

I guess I will have to pay the HOA dues... and will let the HOA that I am in fact walking away, so that they can decide whether they want to take care of the lawn, which at the end is in their benefit... we'll see...

Thanks again!!!

Message 12 of 14
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Until the house is officially foreclosed on, if you do not maintain the lawn and the city issues a fine - you will be responsible for it.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 13 of 14
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Yes, the rules vary tremendously. Here in S Florida where I am the water can be shut off but the bills continue - the owner of record is charged the monthly amount (off or on) and it has to be paid before anyone can turn on water in the residence. Here the water co's will file a lien against the house in a heartbeat.

Garbage is charged/collected in our real estate tax bill (non ad volorum). So there is no 'shutting off' of the garbage/solid waste bill either.

Check your area to see if you have something similar.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.