Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on No Contact information

tag
mberry117
Regular Contributor

Question on No Contact information

How do you go about doing a DV letter from your credit report when the credit report has no contact information?

I'm stuck!
Your Latest FICO® Scores
TransUnion 704 Date: 5/11/11
Equifax 666 Date: 5/11/11

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question on No Contact information

What are you trying to DV?  The CRA, OC, or CA?
Message 2 of 7
mberry117
Regular Contributor

The CA.  I have one for a bounced check, so it says.  I want to see the check, because I haven't bounced anything in 10+ years?

This one I'm trying to figure out - I have one from Direct TV that my lovely EX wanted but didn't pay.  I put under my name because he couldn't.  Yep I got stuck with it.  And Equifax is stating the the collection agency is 401yc18884 - who the heck is that?
Your Latest FICO® Scores

Message 3 of 7
cw81
Frequent Contributor

@mberry117 wrote:
The CA.  I have one for a bounced check, so it says.  I want to see the check, because I haven't bounced anything in 10+ years?

This one I'm trying to figure out - I have one from Direct TV that my lovely EX wanted but didn't pay.  I put under my name because he couldn't.  Yep I got stuck with it.  And Equifax is stating the the collection agency is 401yc18884 - who the heck is that?

It would appear you are getting your report from myfico.com or a 3rd party service you will have to get them from the individual CRA's to get the the right account information and contact info. One rule of thumb I learned is get your reports directly from the CRA it is more accurate and get your scores from here.
Message 4 of 7
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

You need to DV the CRA cmrrr.  I think you can write seperate letters and include them in the same envelope if both accounts are reporting to the same CRA's.  If I'm wrong, please somebody correct me.
Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@cw81 wrote:

@mberry117 wrote:

It would appear you are getting your report from myfico.com or a 3rd party service you will have to get them from the individual CRA's to get the the right account information and contact info. One rule of thumb I learned is get your reports directly from the CRA it is more accurate and get your scores from here.

Ditto. Often it is masked due to medical privacy but I had some non-medical CAs report the same way
Message 6 of 7
mberry117
Regular Contributor

Gottcha!  Thanks guys!
Your Latest FICO® Scores

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.