Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Rebuilding

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on Rebuilding

Hi,

Currently working on being more responsible adults and correcting me and my husbands wrong from our younger days. My husband has two charge off that are on his report that I really question about about. The first one is a collection with Convergent for an old T-mobile bill that has a DOFD for Sept 01, 2013. Would this fall off this year or next year? As we are in the process of trying to fix his credit with hopes of getting a home. The second is an collection account with Vance and Huffman which is an old account with Aarons that only thing about this account is that it doesn't list a DOFD on his credit report just states that it should be removed 2021. We tried to dispute this account but never received any validation from the company but that was over a year ago. Is it worth trying to settle and get removed? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on Rebuilding

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Currently working on being more responsible adults and correcting me and my husbands wrong from our younger days. My husband has two charge off that are on his report that I really question about about. The first one is a collection with Convergent for an old T-mobile bill that has a DOFD for Sept 01, 2013. Would this fall off this year or next year?

It would fall off September 1, 2020. You can try for early exclusion too - TransUnion will delete it six months early, Experian will delete it three months early, and Equifax 30 days early but don't try - Equifax will screw everything up.

As we are in the process of trying to fix his credit with hopes of getting a home. The second is an collection account with Vance and Huffman which is an old account with Aarons that only thing about this account is that it doesn't list a DOFD on his credit report just states that it should be removed 2021. We tried to dispute this account but never received any validation from the company but that was over a year ago. Is it worth trying to settle and get removed? 

Pull his reports from www.annualcreditreport.com and see what it says for DoFD. Those reports are very comprehensive and can tell you much more than the usual ones from Credit Karma and the like.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on Rebuilding

So I was able to pull his TransUnion and that's all it list is the date it's supposed to fall off. I had issues pulling his Equifax report and I didn't pull his Experian as I have an account with the Experian website. I'm pretty sure it's an old account but I wanted to be able to validate before I try to dispute to get it removed. The balance isn't high but I do know with that company they're not going to remove it. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.