Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re Collection / pay for deletion

tag
Ammer
New Contributor

Question re Collection / pay for deletion

Hi,

I have a question. After years of repairing my wife's credit and bring all bureaus up to over 750, she did it again. 

She forgot to pay a stupid $147 medical bill.

We only found out after she was, to my surprise, approved for a Citi AAdvantage Platinum World MasterCard. Her Citi bank approval letter showed the collection and the score dropped to 708. Weird that she even got the card and even weirder with the 11K limit.

So regarding the collection. I called and ask if I could pay and they delete the collection from Equifax. The dude told me they won't do that they only mark it as paid in full.

So I asked for a supervisor, but since it was after 5 pm, no supervisor on floor. The dude told me though that the supervisor would tell me the same.

I would be grateful for any advise to persuade the supervisor to delete the collection.

And one more question: Where is the incentive to even pay the collection, when the damage is done and they won't take it off ?

Amex BCP (65.000), CapOne Venture ($50.000), Chase Sapphire Reserve ($45.000), Citi Double Cash ($26.000), Wells Fargo Amex WorldPropel (25.000), Amex SPG (25.000), Barclay American Airlines (22.500), Citi AA (19.700), Chase Amazon (12.500), Apple Card (15.000) Chase Freedom (5.400), Chase Freedom Unlimited (3.000), CapOne Quicksilver ($5.000), Chase Ink Cash (10.000), Amex EveryDay (1.000),
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question re Collection / pay for deletion

Forget the supervisor.

Try to get the name of a higher level manager, who would have more authority to grant exceptions to their normal no-deletion policy.

Message 2 of 3
Billycatbell

Re: Question re Collection / pay for deletion

Hello.  When I started to repair my credit about a year ago I had seven collections on my reports.  Today I have 0.  I did it by calling over and over again with kindness and complete humility asking to please remove.  Eventually they all came off.  It can be done!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.