Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re: PFD letter sent to CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question re: PFD letter sent to CA

I sent a  PFD letter i found on here (I think it was posted by Tuscani) to a collection agency about 2 weeks ago offering to pay off an old utility bill my husband had on his credit report that was under his and his ex girlfriend's name. I have not received any letters from the collection agency yet (although I know they received it because i sent the letter via certificied mail) but when I checked my husband's credit report a few days ago the account was removed from all 3 bureaus. Why would they have removed it before accepting payment? We originally tried to dispute the account with the credit bureaus thinking the account was not my husband's but his ex girlfriend's instead and it came back as "verified and updated". Although I'm thrilled that the account is off I'm afraid it will come back later on. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question re: PFD letter sent to CA

@Anonymous wrote:

I sent a  PFD letter i found on here (I think it was posted by Tuscani) to a collection agency about 2 weeks ago offering to pay off an old utility bill my husband had on his credit report that was under his and his ex girlfriend's name. I have not received any letters from the collection agency yet (although I know they received it because i sent the letter via certificied mail) but when I checked my husband's credit report a few days ago the account was removed from all 3 bureaus. Why would they have removed it before accepting payment? We originally tried to dispute the account with the credit bureaus thinking the account was not my husband's but his ex girlfriend's instead and it came back as "verified and updated". Although I'm thrilled that the account is off I'm afraid it will come back later on. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Well, I, for one, would be heading to church!  Smiley Happy

You might want to set the money you were going to pay them aside in case they do come looking for payment.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.