Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about DV and PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions about DV and PFD

Hello. Just wanted to say I love this site! I finally feel like I understand credit. I have already successfully done 2 PFD's in my hometown by hand delivering the info. I think I may have jumped then the gun on my other debts. I skipped the DV and sent PFD letters to the CA about a week ago so I could get them deleted from my credit report. I received my 1st letter from a CA. Inside was just another copy of the invoice just updated to my new address and with their phone # instructing me to call them to discuss my account....nothing else. Should I try a PFD letter again?? Can I send DV letters AFTER I have sent PFD letters or do I just resend a PDF letter every month and hope the CA will agree to it? Any advice would be great. Once again, I can say enough about what this site has done for me and my wife. Thank you

-Ramiro

Message Edited by Mariachidude on 08-16-2008 02:00 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about DV and PFD

Mariachidude wrote:
Hello. Just wanted to say I love this site! I finally feel like I understand credit. I have already successfully done 2 PFD's in my hometown by hand delivering the info. I think I may have jumped then the gun on my other debts. I skipped the DV and sent PFD letters to the CA about a week ago so I could get them deleted from my credit report. I received my 1st letter from a CA. Inside was just another copy of the invoice just updated to my new address and with their phone # instructing me to call them to discuss my account....nothing else. Should I try a PFD letter again?? Can I send DV letters AFTER I have sent PFD letters or do I just resend a PDF letter every month and hope the CA will agree to it? Any advice would be great. Once again, I can say enough about what this site has done for me and my wife. Thank you

-Ramiro

Message Edited by Mariachidude on 08-16-2008 02:00 PM

Remember to keep in mind your SOL when dealing with  debt!

Yes you can send a DV    CMRRR

A DV should always be sent first. The reason is that you must know if they have a right to collect!!!

OCs pull assignments all the time or an OC may sell your account....CAs also sell accounts all the time!

Never talk to a CA  and never sign anything that you send to a CA!!!!

Medical collections are handled different then any other debt!!!

Check your state to see if CAs must be licensed in your state!!  If they need a license or bond & they don't have it...they can not collect....you would then file a complaint with your AG office  their AG office and the FTC
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Questions about DV and PFD

Under the FDCRA, you have 30 days from the date of notifiication of the debt by the CA to file a DV with them, so dont delay.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.