cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about collections, is there anything that can be done? The dates seem off.

tag
ChuckG
Regular Contributor

Questions about collections, is there anything that can be done? The dates seem off.

Collection on debt to: Ge Capital
The collection agency "Asset Accept" was hired to collect a debt of $172 originally owed to "Ge Capital" on account number "XXXX6050".
Collection agency [?] Asset Accept
Original balance [?] $172
Current balance [?] $0
Status [?] Not Reported
Date assigned [?] May 11, 2007
Date reported [?] Mar 27, 2008
Date last active [?] Not Reported
Date paid [?] Sep 30, 2007
Date closed [?] Sep 01, 2007
Original lender [?] Ge Capital
Account number [?] XXXX6050
Type of account [?] Not Reported
Account holder [?] Individual
Type of credit [?] Not Reported
Payment status [?] Not Reported
Largest past balance [?] Not Reported
Amount past due [?] Not Reported
Account descriptions [?] Not Reported

I paid this in full in 9/07 to another CA that Asset sold the account to. Why would Asset report anything on this in March of '08? The collection first happened in 10/05, so I'd think this should fall off in 10/2012, but the earliest date on this collection is 5/07 and the latest date is 3/08 both of which are wrong... is this thing hurting my score anymore than it would be if the dates were correct?

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672, 681, 692
Goal Score: 700, 700, 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Questions about collections, is there anything that can be done? The dates seem off.

The reported date is the date the account was last updated by the CA. This could have been triggered by a dispute, a DV, or just a periodic update. To be sure, I'd recommend pulling your CR directly from TU and/or EX (not from here) and that will give you a drop off date. If you are 100% certain that DOFD occured in 2005, and the drop off date isn't listed as 2012, then it has been re-aged, maybe when the accound was sold.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.