Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about rebuilding

tag
Rf32222
New Contributor

Questions about rebuilding

I have been on a mission to rebuild for about 6 months. I am a truck driver and was in a really bad accident in 2007 which caused me to be unable to work for almost 2 years. In that time I also got divorced and lost pretty much everything I owned.
After trying to get my feet back on firm ground i am now in a better place and trying to pick up the pieces of my destroyed credit profile.
At 1 time i was in the low to mid 700s and fell all the way to mid 400s. I currently have a collection with Portfolio Recovery for 473 and after several attempts at pfd I've given up and decided to paying full. It will be on my report till 2021. I also have several 30 an 60 day lates for a car payment with Carmax which has been paid off but will be on my report till 2024. I also have a charge off from First premier for 557 which I've also had no luck with pfd , I'm paying it off next month and it falls off December of 19. I also have a dismissed Bankruptcy. I thought about filing and changed my mind. It was to late lawyer filed without me paying anything .
My current Fico scores are Ex 645, TU 633 and Eq 635. When I originally started rebuild 5 months ago my scores were all low to mid 500s.
I currently have a Quicksilver which was p'cd fro a Platinum with 601 limit. A Quicksilver 1 with 400 limit which is due a credit steps cli. Discover secured wit 1000 limit. Citi secured with 500 limit. I also had a Credit on visa and a First premier Mc both are closed as of last week.i have a car loan and a self lender. My utilization is 1 %. I have recently opened a account with NFCU and would like to establish a relationship with them. I applied for a cc with them but was denied . They have my number at 300 of 450 I don't understand that number but I've been told they use fico 9 which in my case is much lower than my fico 8 scores. I'm hoping they come up after collections are showed pif .I have like 20 hard inquiries on my report most of which from getting a car loan. I was wondering if there is any chance of my having a good score within a year. I'll have the car paid off 21,000 In 14 months and the self lender will also be paid. I've been striving to keep my uti low as well. No more than 8%. In Dec of 19 I'd like to give my son this car when he goes to college(thank God for FL prepaid) and I'll have to get one for myself and don't want to get another high interest loan. Is there any more I can do to insure I get a decent rate or will it still be to soon?
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.