Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on becoming an AU.

tag
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Re: Questions on becoming an AU.

If he says no I've got a back up plan. Ask my rich uncle! I'd go to him first but I've asked him for so much free legal advice and small personal loans in the last several months that I feel kinda bad about always asking and never giving. But what do you give to a guy who's already got everything he could possibly need or want??? I hope to be him someday so I can answer that question for myself.
Message 11 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

All he has to do is add your name as an AU only to report on your CR.  He doesn't need to get or give you a card to do that.

It will have 0 impact on his score and or credit.

It will help you unless he lets those high balances report to the CRAs.  I find it unlikely since he has an 812.

If he messed up and got a late payment it would not be up to the CRAs to fix.  You would need to be removed as AU by him calling and removing you.

Message 12 of 19
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

That's true, an 812 is near if not impossible to have with high utilization.
Message 13 of 19
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

His AAoA I know will help a lot but how about his CL? Lets say he has a $15,000 CL on a card, if he made me an AU would that also factor in to my available credit?
Message 14 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If he adds you as AU you get instant everything of the CC.  History, payment history, CL, balance, etc.

Message 15 of 19
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Sweeeet! Now if I can just convince him to do this I just might start seeing my scores move rapidly in the right direction.
Message 16 of 19
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

One more question, my Dad is in pretty bad health and I hate to say it but he could have a heart attack and die any day with the way he takes care of himself. That being said, what if he died while I was an AU and all of a sudden there weren't any payments being made on any of his credit accounts (especially the one I want to get added to) how can I get removed from this ASAP?
Message 17 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You would need to report his death to the CCC and let them know you are AU and want to be removed.

Message 18 of 19
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Of course it depends in your situation but for me as an AU on my BF AMEX I was given 30 points overnight then I was added to his WF where I gained 15 points.
We asked that a card not be sent in my name , even if I call for info on the account I am only an AU and not the primary, I have no power.
My bf is very similar to your father so I was surprised he offered but once he understood what I was trying to accomplish .. He got it.
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.