Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions

tag
mel1104
Established Member

Questions

I posted this question on the General Credit Issues, but I believe I should've posted here:

My TU report shows a cc entry for First Card opened in 1996, closed in Jan 1999, and last activity Aug. 1999. I honestly don't recall whether I paid this off as it is not showing charge off, but shows "paid or paying as agreed." It also shows a balance of $553 ,but CL at the time was $500, so that is not helping.  Shouldn't this have come off my report already? And should I dispute this with CRA (as far as time period and the 7yr. thing?).

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions

I would leave it alone-

Even disputing the balance could easily have it removed- and you don't want that.

If anything contact the OC and ask them to update the balance-

mel1104 wrote:
I posted this question on the General Credit Issues, but I believe I should've posted here:

My TU report shows a cc entry for First Card opened in 1996, closed in Jan 1999, and last activity Aug. 1999. I honestly don't recall whether I paid this off as it is not showing charge off, but shows "paid or paying as agreed." It also shows a balance of $553 ,but CL at the time was $500, so that is not helping.  Shouldn't this have come off my report already? And should I dispute this with CRA (as far as time period and the 7yr. thing?).

Thanks for any help.

Message 2 of 5
mel1104
Established Member

I suppose I will just leave it alone, but what about the time period?  According to TL, last activity was August 1999.   Is there a reason why it's still showing up 9 yrs later?

Message Edited by mel1104 on 07-21-2008 09:48 AM

Message Edited by mel1104 on 07-21-2008 09:49 AM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Positive account remians...for 10 years...after closed...it's a good thing...it helps you history....
Message 4 of 5
mel1104
Established Member

Ok, I will stop worrying about this one!  Thanks!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.