cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question

Established Member

Quick question

I received an update that says "Missed payments removed" two days after starting a dispute (one 30 day late) but the 92% payment history is still the same. Would I have to wait until the dispute is completed to see if the 30 day late is in fact removed?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Quick question

Most likely yes. Often when you dispute an item, it's temporarily removed until it is either upheld or validated. If validated, it will be reinserted and will likely ding your score again as the algorithm will see it as a new derog.

Were the missed payments legit or reported in error?

Platinum NPSL | Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | PenFed PCR | Navy Platinum | IT Cash | IT Chrome | GHSFCU Visa Plat | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Sams MC | Firestone | Overstock | Kohl’s | Key Bank auto loan (2017 Audi A6 Premium Plus S-Line)

TCL $101,500 | Agg. Util under 10%
Message 2 of 5
Established Member

@ImTheDevil wrote:

Most likely yes. Often when you dispute an item, it's temporarily removed until it is either upheld or validated. If validated, it will be reinserted and will likely ding your score again as the algorithm will see it as a new derog.

Were the missed payments legit or reported in error?

My score never went back up after I lost the 60 points & the 30 day late still shows. It says missed payments removed after uploading the payment history in my dispute but nothing changed. I was a few days late but I got the 2 month extension before they reported it late. I did get the fees removed but not the ding. The finance company says they can't remove the 30 day late, dispute with credit bureau who's saying they will only remove it after 30 days of no reply from the finance company. No bueno on the goodwill requests either despite having the payment history. I've seen multiple dates on my credit reports from the 30 day being for Sept, Oct & Nov (1 late not 3). One report even says 60 days late but only that one 30 appears on everything else I've checked. Kind of a headache.

Message 3 of 5
Established Contributor

yes

when you start a dispute they remove the bad information from the CRA until they finish investigating

then if it is not a valid dispute, they will place it back on - unfortunately this usually results in a drop in points, since the information is 'refreshed'

so - never dispute anything that is valid

the proper way to remove it, is to contact the company and see if they will remove it - that is the best way to get it resolved

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Aug 8/2020 EX. 728 EQ. 714 TU 744
Dec 29/2020 EX. 729 EQ. 723 TU 746
Inq. EX 5 EQ 4 TU 2 - - CC 6x24, 2x12
Amex BCP $20k - Apple GS $17k - BMW/Elan $5k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase United Club Infinite $20k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $21k - HSBC Gold - $10.5k - Penfed Gold - $12.5k - USBank Cash+ -$10k - Wells Sig Visa $12k
Message 4 of 5
Established Member

@RSX wrote:

yes

when you start a dispute they remove the bad information from the CRA until they finish investigating

then if it is not a valid dispute, they will place it back on - unfortunately this usually results in a drop in points, since the information is 'refreshed'

so - never dispute anything that is valid

the proper way to remove it, is to contact the company and see if they will remove it - that is the best way to get it resolved

Ok thank you...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.