Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Quick question

You dont get any points back for paying them.
When all are paid, updates stop, time from negatives increases and scores can start recovering.
If COs and collections remain unpaid, score stays depressed significantly whole time they are on report.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for clarifying.

Message 12 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You're welcome 

Message 13 of 15
Egaffne2
Regular Contributor

Just a little update, Midland did follow through with the deletion! Pretty fast too considering I settled on July 25th but I guess they do report every 2 weeks. So far I've only seen my Experian report and fico score only jumped 5 points. Can't say for sure if that was the direct cause but the increase did happen the same day the Midland account was deleted. Now my "time since negative" as Experian calls it was pushed back to 3 years. So this should definitely continue to encourage my rebuild. Next I'm gonna tackle key bank. Hope this helps someone dealing with them and thanks all!
Current 2023 FICO 8 score - 760 (EX) 758 (TU) 762 (EQ) (FICO 9s seem to be significantly higher)
Starting score - 530
Discover it - $4,200
Citi Custom Cash - $6,600
CFNA Firestone - $3,200
Amex BCE - $2,500
Mission Lane - $1,100
Chase slate (AU) - $3,000
Chase Freedom Flex - $11,100
Lowes Advantage card - $10,000
PNC poop points- $4,500
2 student loans 93% paid off
AMEX loan only 7% paid off so far
Total current Utilization among all accounts- 20%

Message 14 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Egaffne2 wrote:
Just a little update, Midland did follow through with the deletion! Pretty fast too considering I settled on July 25th but I guess they do report every 2 weeks. So far I've only seen my Experian report and fico score only jumped 5 points. Can't say for sure if that was the direct cause but the increase did happen the same day the Midland account was deleted. Now my "time since negative" as Experian calls it was pushed back to 3 years. So this should definitely continue to encourage my rebuild. Next I'm gonna tackle key bank. Hope this helps someone dealing with them and thanks all!

More than likely it came from time since last negative. You may see a few points here and there if there is an OC reporting a balance due and you settle it or PIF as its likely being included in your utlization calcs. Good luck on continuing your journey!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.