cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QuickClick Reporting Incorrectly in order to keep account on file

tag
Crazyfist

QuickClick Reporting Incorrectly in order to keep account on file

My wife and I are working on buying a home and on getting QC removed and haven't had any luck. We've disputed many different ways.   I couldn't find the DOFD on any of the other reports. However tonight I purchased her Equifax  direct report in order to find the date of first delinquency.  The loan was opened in 5/11.  There was never a payment made to the account. (Her ex husband opened the loan, but that a whole different deal)  Therefor the date of first delinquency should be 6/11.  Instead, they have chosen to mark every month until 1/13 as NR (no data reported).  They then decide to go 60/90/120 and are still reporting 120 to this day.  They refuse to correct this, so it will not fall off next month as it should....   Any advice appreciated.  Surely this is illegal?  This is like saying they gave a loan in 5/11 and didnt ask for a payment for 17 months?!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpy5gdu79b3finh/quickshot.png?dl=0

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Crazyfist

Re: QuickClick Reporting Incorrectly in order to keep account on file

Anyone?  Do they not have an obligation to report the "NR" months correctly?  The way they have it on here makes it appear like she didn't have any history for 17 months since the account was opened.......  Surely this has to be illegal?

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It has become standard practice that creditors are permitted to omit reporting of delinquencies in months where the account may actually be delinquent.  Information that is not reported is not inaccurate, although it might be asserted that it makes the reporting incomplete.

The FCRA requires that any information that is reported cannot knowingly be inaccurate.  FCRA 623(a)(1).  It does not specifically require that any and all adverse information be reported.

A consumer can dispute the accuracy or completeness of any information in their credit file.  FCRA 611(a).

While it is not common for a consumer to assert that non-reporting is incomplete, you are certainly free to dispute on that basis.

Since the creditor can simply add each and every derog and delinquency in response to any such dispute, most consumers will not dispute the lack of delinquencies as being incomplete reporting, as it will usually only increase the reported delinquencies.

Your choice.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, if the account was opened in May 2011 and went into default in June 2011 then regardless of the reporting of such default the account still needs to fall off after 7 years so it should still fall off next month. If not, then simply dispute the account as "too old to be on my report". Hope that helps. 

Message 4 of 5
Crazyfist

I agree that it should fall off....bit that is my problem with them not reporting all the months. I feel like even though it was defaulted 6/11, they are choosing to NR to keep it on her report longer.....
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.