cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REBUILDING CREDIT SUCCESS OVER LAST 15 MONTHS

marine6072

REBUILDING CREDIT SUCCESS OVER LAST 15 MONTHS

FIRST TIME POST GOAL 700 UTI REPORT QUESTIONS

I will do my best to provide as much info as possible if I Miss anything I am still learning and ask for input from those with more experience to guide Me.I started about a 15 month ago attempting to come back from the abyss as life happened and brought Me to My knees finacially. I started with scores around 600 if memory serves correctly.My first attempts were from blindly disputeing credit reports with  no idea of what was acceptible practices here or by FCRA standards. had some success with removal of things that were negative and some slaps on the wrist and resulting plus/minus in score.I then started reading the board here and in other places and have made honest attempt to glean a

info and put it into practice. Here is a summary of what credit I have been given and where I am now and what My first goal is.I will list in order what card was first and any changes and last where numbers currently are sitting

START                                                         SL                                     CLI                    CLI                                          CURRENT BALANCE/SL    UTI

ALLY CAR LOAN   10.99APR              20,529                                                                                                                  15,976/                            ?

Cap1 Plat                                               300(unsecured)                  500                  1000                                              486/1000                        38

SYNC/HOME                                        2000                                                              2500                                               950/2500                        60

MILITARY STAR CARD                        3500                                       NA                     NA                                                  24/3500                      .0001

DISCOVER                                             2000                                      NA                      NA                                             1204/2000                        48

5/3 TRIO                                                7500                                      NA                       NA                                              10/7500                            0

SYNC PAYPAL MASTERCARD           2000                                      NA                       NA                                               0/2000                             0

SYNC MARVEL MASTERCARD           1000                                      NA                       NA                                               0/1000                            0             

I also applied and received Overstock store card after the discover app and it is 600 sl                                         28/600                            4

Also applied for refinance Ally with Cap1 for 7.99 apr saved a bunch on interest and almost 50/month payment

I did this to trying to help wife score(another post another day makes mine look short and sweet)

Now that I have been able to do all this over the last year with scores starting as above the highest i was this month Fico EQ 669 TU677 EX662  As of today I took a hit due to AAOE EQ/TU/EX 6YR1M LONGEST 11YR 9MO

My most recent being reported 1yr3m    Inquires Recent EQ-2  TU-2  EX-6  OVERALL EQ27  TU10  EX?

My biggest negatives across all CRA are as follows 2 Co(one was repo),One car note with about 8 30+ entries(this was in beginning of roacky road when wife and I Both lost Our Job) and the other negative issu being high inquiry alot of them are from car purchase almost 2 years ago and a secnd car looking experience that I AM TRYING TO FORGET as I expressly said dont run but One place due to HP and well that was a bad day and lucky I can type this i freedom and not behind bars.

I just this week asked Tu for Early exclusion on 3 accounts online and then in reading here saw that was no no and follwed up with call to them and Csr told Me 2 of 3 were already removed from their system and one was still under investgation. This has not shown up on report yet as I believe due to the 3 being placed at same time online until the 3rd is complete they are not posted till all complete I do see a message on dispute page that states in progress 2 of 3. I also called Ex and Eq in regards to same accounts and although didnt have success with immediate approval I did however have nice experience with CSR on both that knew what CSR was and gave Me dates to call back Ex on June8 and Eq has listed as July 7 as DOFD so they said I can follow up in June as well. SO In summary I am confident by end of the summer I should have clean report.

I normally PIF every month on cards sometimes the reporting date has eluded Me and I have reported balances but did Manage to have Cap1 report last month to 0 which resulted in biggest single boost to score since I started from 12-20 POINTS. These last few cards added took Me down as much as 11 but I am thinking that once the dust setttles the UTI will boost Me back in right direction.

So My question to those who have been there done that on their rebuilds I would like to know if You can give me any advice based upon all the information I have presented what can I specifically work on besides My current balances and working on and waiting for the exclusions ,My biggest short term goal is to reach Fico 700 across the board. Next will be atleast One more SL to match or hopefully exceed My highest 5/3 Trio card to help with overall UTI as well as CLI on the better cards I currently have in wallet. The final goal buying(at a low APR) a larger vehicle for My Wife and Four growing children  at a low APR and put Our current vehicle which We have outgrown behind Us.

Thank You to all Who make it thru this Long Post and Thank You to all Who have taken the time to help others in Your own posts and comments to others as It has given me hope for My Own situation where at times I wanted to throw in the towel

2 REPLIES 2
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: REBUILDING CREDIT SUCCESS OVER LAST 15 MONTHS

Hope you're able to get some guidance on your rebuild. Looks like a solid effort!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Mar 2020):EX- 689, TU- 665, EQ- 670
What's in my wallet:

On the chopping block:

Message 2 of 3
7609IJGR
Established Member

Re: REBUILDING CREDIT SUCCESS OVER LAST 15 MONTHS

So I was able to rebuild my credit from high 400’s to now which is in the 700’s across the board. It took a lot but having a specific plan totally helped me. I was unemployed for almost 4 years and almost lost everything because of an accident I got into plus the loss of my fiancé because of the accident. So a lot of debt that we had to together I inherited. Anyways, the biggest thing for me was to start making money so I can have a realistic plan on getting out of financial debt. After I focused on my credit and my goal was to remove all the negative stuff from my report. It’s been almost six years and I have 90% of the negative reporting off my credit. After I was in more of a good financial spot, I had to pay to play so I signed of for two secured cards one with Wells Fargo and the other with Bank of America. This helped get my first unsecured card with capital one. I followed a lot of great advice from here from people who had great credit. Keep utilization low to pay all your cards on time and at time pay them off before the due date. I also hired a company to help write letters to the credit card companies and to EQ EX TU. They did great but it did cost me. Fast forward to today. My credit scores are all over 700 I don’t have a problem financing a vehicle. I was able to loan mod my house and on top of that get credit cards with decent limits. I’m still working on my credit constantly but what this whole experience taught me was that you have to be realistic with your goals and that it takes time. I hope this helps a little.
AMEX PLATINUM, AMEX EVERYDAY CARD, AMEX PLATINUM BUSINESS, AMEX BUSINESS DELTA PLATINUM, AMEX SIMPLYCASH, CAPITAL ONE VENTURE, CAPITAL ONE PLATINUM, CAPITAL ONE QUICK SILVER, WELLS FARGO PLATINUM, DISCOVER IT MILE
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.