Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RELEASED vs. Vacated and Withdrawn

tag
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

RELEASED vs. Vacated and Withdrawn

Is this the same in regards to a state tax lien?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: RELEASED vs. Vacated and Withdrawn

Depending upon what the terminology designates, the distinction is whether the lien has been satisfied (paid) and thus withdrawn, or whether it has been vacated, meaning expunged from the public record.

Tax liens do not begin the ticking of the 7 year clock for their exclusion unitl they are paid (the lien is released).

Tax liens, as with judgments, can no longer be scored if they are vacated (expunged).

Message 2 of 9
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Thanks Robert. It's been paid. State of Michigan said I could purchase a letter of release for the burueas. From the looks of it, I need to get it vacated!

*sigh*

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be very expensive often over 3k to vacate it, and you need to have a reason a judge will agree too, to get it vacated. Check with your court house for valid reasons to request vacation of your lien. 

Message 4 of 9
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

$3K for what?

Message 5 of 9
cem13
Established Contributor

@OMW2_HighAcheiver wrote:
Thanks Robert. It's been paid. State of Michigan said I could purchase a letter of release for the burueas. From the looks of it, I need to get it vacated!

*sigh*

Hi OMW,

I have a State of Michigan lien too.  I owed $2K in back taxes.  They were HORRIBLE to work with.  They slapped a lien faster than Denard Robinson's shoe laces come untied.

However, once I paid it off, they withdrew the lien without me asking.  Yes that is correct, the State of Michigan actually was proactive.  Now if they can only fix Flint's Water problem.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 6 of 9
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

@cem13 wrote:

@OMW2_HighAcheiver wrote:

*sigh*

Hi OMW,

I have a State of Michigan lien too.  I owed $2K in back taxes.  They were HORRIBLE to work with.  They slapped a lien faster than Denard Robinson's shoe laces come untied.

However, once I paid it off, they withdrew the lien with me asking.  Yes that is correct, the State of Michigan actually was proactive.  Now if they can only fix Flint's Water problem.

Good Morning! 

I actually live in Flint but gratefully, my family is fortunate enough to to NEVER have had to drink faucet water. We've drank bottled water in our home for ever. Even dining out we don't. However, we do have to bathe..... anywho, you only asked the state to withdraw? No written communication? Who did you deal with?

Message 7 of 9
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

BTW..... My water bill averages $200 PER MONTH! I'm excited to see that 65% bill adjustment since '14. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cem13. I've had them on my CR since 2010 and 2011 they were both paid in 2010 and 2011. Neither have come off. Was there someone you called?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.