Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESURGENT/ LVNV FUNDING

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RESURGENT/ LVNV FUNDING

Hi

Last week I settled my old debt with credit one. The original bal $756.  I settled with Resurgent/Lvnv for $425 and paid.  Today I called Resurgent and reached a recording, I entered the last 4 of my SSN and it said my bal is $331.  Why do I have a balance if I settled? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RESURGENT/ LVNV FUNDING

It will update first on your reports and then it will report settled in full or something to that extent, or at least that's what happened with mine. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally normal. They update in steps. First, less the payment (balance showing). Then it will update to settled for less. THEN it should come off. LVNV does PFD. Check back in a month. I had a settlement with LVNV 3 weeks ago and so far it hasn't updated on my credit report at all. They usually tell you 30 days for first update, then 60 to come off. 

Message 3 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Pretty much what everyone else said. But also wanted to add, in addition to the 30-60 days for LVNV to fully update, you have to wait for the CRAs to actually process the deletion which could take an additional month.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.