Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIP CREDIT ONE ACCOUNT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RIP CREDIT ONE ACCOUNT

The AF was coming due at the end of this month, so I called Credit1 and stated I wanted to close my account. The rep immediately transferred me over to retention. When they asked me why I wanted to close the account I told them I now had much higher CLs with Discover & NFCU, my credit scores had improved significantly, and that I did not want to pay an AF for such a small CL ($800). He offered to see about giving a CLI, but I was denied because I hadn't used the card since Feb.- lack of use was the reason given. Didn't offer to waive the AF to keep me, so I closed the account. Buh-BYE, Credit1!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: RIP CREDIT ONE ACCOUNT

@Anonymous wrote:

Didn't offer to waive the AF to keep me, so I closed the account. Buh-BYE, Credit1!

Yeah, Buh-BYE for sure.....just keep checking your acct. for hidden fees, af, etc. for the next several months.....don't let'em muck it up.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats Scoot! It did it's thing and now it's laid to RIP! Keep checking they dont pull funny business. You know the horror stories after closure.

Message 3 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Its actually a blessing that you have closed them out. Grats.
Message 4 of 9
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Credit one closure!!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on dumping them. That’s always a happy story Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You did the right thing!!!!!!!!!!!    They hit me in the head for $9 every month because I never use the card.  I only got the card because I was coming out of a BK and like you my scores are better now.  I want to get rid of mine but its like the 2nd oldest card I have so I'm undecided about getting rid of it but its a worthless card to me at this point.  It served it's purpose of rebuilding my credit now its in the sock drawer collecting dust.  Did your credit score take a dip?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Moorehouse3000, dump it. It’ll continue to factor into age of accounts for up to 10 years after closure. Pay it off, close it, and make sure the next month in your online account that no trailing fees or interest show up. Once it doesn’t, you’re in the clear.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok cool I might just do that!   Thanks!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.