cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raised my score over 100pts! Does my profile look good?

tag
Mskaykay12

Raised my score over 100pts! Does my profile look good?

I’m finally in the 600s after many years stuck in the low 500s.

I need help determining if I’m doing too much or I’m fine. I also need advise on whether to close out a card.

Victoria secret : opened 2016 $100 ( every CLI request has been denied and the limit goes down every time I use the card - so I no longer use it and keep it at $0) I really want to close this out.

Capital one secured: paid $50/200 limit.
Credit one: $450 limit
Capital one: $2000 limit
Nordstrom: $3000 limit
Saks: $500
Overstock: $2500
Merrick: $700
Abercrombie: $350
Ulta: $250

The last one i want to try is NFCU then I’m done! No more cards.

Is this excessive and should I close Victoria and capital one secured?

Scores are all around 620.
3 REPLIES 3
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Raised my score over 100pts! Does my profile look good?

Nice job! The secured won't grow, so unless it's your oldest by a lot, close it. Also close any other cards that aren't working for you, if you don't the extra utilization buffer.

Message 2 of 4
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

I have two pieces of advice for you:

1) Don't apply for ANY card right now - you don't need it.

2) Close the store cards that are of no benefit. 1, (or 0) is quite frankly fine.

The above assumes most of the cards are at or near 0, since that information was not included.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn’t close anything unless your credit file is super old. Only good things come from aging your positive accounts. I have a pile of cards I never use, and having all that age plus 2% utilization helped me get into the 700s.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.