Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising my score advice

tag
hpertrain
Regular Contributor

Raising my score advice

Have currently $6500.00 in CC debt. Also have 3 baddies from charge offs on CC's.  The charge offs reported

in 2015. Two of them have "past due" balances, $400.00 and $1050.00 respectively. The third one showing 0

balance.   I'm planning to pay the $6500 down to 25% Utilization but I need advice on the 3 baddies from 2015.

Do I contact the two showing balances and offer a PFD or let them ride till they fall off?  I know paying my other CC's

off should bump my score hopefully somewhat significantly but don't know how much those baddies will haunt me.

Any advice?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Re: Raising my score advice

Try listing the baddies so others can chime in and give some clear advise. We don’t know what the baddies are? How old they are? Amounts? DoFD?
That would help.👍

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 2 of 9
hpertrain
Regular Contributor

@Brooklyn2018 wrote:
Try listing the baddies so others can chime in and give some clear advise. We don’t know what the baddies are? How old they are? Amounts? DoFD?
That would help.👍

😊

Thanks Brooklyn.

Baddies are as follows:

Credit One Bank CC  Charge Off Balance $0,  DoFD Says 30 days Oct.2012. Was on time through 2013 but next delinquency June 2014

and first reported in 2015.

First Premier Bank CC Charge Off, Balance $1048, DoFD says 30 days March 2013. Says account updated Aug.2015.

FirstPremier Bank CC Charge Off, Balance $414, DoFD says June 2014. Says account updated Jan.2015.

Does this help?  Thanks.

Message 3 of 9
hpertrain
Regular Contributor

Can anyone ofer any advice?  I know once these baddies are gone and paying (which I'm about to)

paying my current CC's down to 25% Utilization my score will pop. Just don't know if it's worth messing

with the baddies. Are they old enough where they should soon drop off my report?

Any advice appreciated.

Message 4 of 9
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Are they out of your state’s SOL?

Are the DoFD actually FROM your 3 credit reports? Have you pulled all 3 CR’s from annualcreditreport.com?

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800

>

I❤️NY
Message 5 of 9
hpertrain
Regular Contributor

@Brooklyn2018 wrote:
Are they out of your state’s SOL?

Are the DoFD actually FROM your 3 credit reports? Have you pulled all 3 CR’s from annualcreditreport.com?

Yes they are out of my state's SOL.

Yes I have pulled all 3 and they are on all 3 stating the same thing.

Message 6 of 9
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

You can try GW’g Credit One since it’s already paid. According to what you posted...it should be available for exclusion in Oct/2021. If these accounts are out of SOL(?) you could wait on the Credit One to fall off(unless GW is granted?) You could offer a PFD or Settle with them for the Two Premier’s. This will stop the bleeding and your scores will recover in time.

You could call the CRA’s for EE(Early Exclusion) once they are eligible.

TU at 6 months
EX at 3 months
EQ at 1 month

Remember: going off what you posted...

First Premier $1048 should be available March/2020

Second-Premier available June/2021

They are hurting because they are updating and hurting UTL%. Paying them(or trying to offer PFD) will help with both. 1.) You’ll stop the updating. 2.) Your UTL% will go down.
If you have any other cc’s these will be affecting you current UTL%.

>

I❤️NY
Message 7 of 9
hpertrain
Regular Contributor

@Brooklyn2018 wrote:
You can try GW’g Credit One since it’s already paid. According to what you posted...it should be available for exclusion in Oct/2021. If these accounts are out of SOL(?) you could wait on the Credit One to fall off(unless GW is granted?) You could offer a PFD or Settle with them for the Two Premier’s. This will stop the bleeding and your scores will recover in time.

You could call the CRA’s for EE(Early Exclusion) once they are eligible.

TU at 6 months
EX at 3 months
EQ at 1 month

Remember: going off what you posted...

First Premier $1048 should be available March/2020

Second-Premier available June/2021

They are hurting because they are updating and hurting UTL%. Paying them(or trying to offer PFD) will help with both. 1.) You’ll stop the updating. 2.) Your UTL% will go down.
If you have any other cc’s these will be affecting you current UTL%.

Good advice.  That's what I will do.  Thanks for taking the time to help.

Message 8 of 9
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

No problem. Sorry for the delayed answer.

Good Luck with getting them resolved.🤞

Keep us posted as it will help others looking to resolve similar accounts. Thanks!!!👍

😊

>

I❤️NY
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.