cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReApplying for capitol one after it went to collections but had been paid in full?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ReApplying for capitol one after it went to collections but had been paid in full?

I did have insurance at the time and I don’t think it was billed correctly. I need to find my old HR as this hospital bill is from 2014 or 2015. I just don’t have my old insurance info from that year. Also, I don’t understand how the CA can report this as 4mons old when it’s much older from 5or 6 years ago?
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ReApplying for capitol one after it went to collections but had been paid in full?

I didn’t know cap1 doesn’t graduate anymore! So I guess I’ll stop my stressing for nothing. I qualify right now for the discover secure card. I have a self lender account that opens next April so I was planning to use that amount to get a secured amount of $1000 at that time. I would say a discover it card right now is my “goal card”. None of my cards are over $500 so having that secured start at $1000 will hopefully allow me to eventually graduate with that limit. That is my ultimate goal
Message 12 of 13
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

One lesson here is to not associate  the number you see at Credit Karma with your actual FICO score(s).  The number there is not helpful to you, so stop worrying about it.  

Here is another lesson:

On May 1, 2019 my Transunion FICO08 score was 578.   On July 23 it was 662.

On May 1, 2019 my Equifax  FICO08 score was 579.   On July 23 it was 670.

In two months, substantial changes can be made.  But what it requires is not new credit cards or new credit lines.  It requires settling deliquencies and derogitories.  Removing negatives, or getting them to stop updating each month.  And then, it requires TIME.

On May 1, 2018 my Experian FICO08 score was 573.  On July 23 it was 631.

I point this out to illustrate something:  The Experian score is recovering, but at a slower rate than the other two because for some reason, Experian took a couple months longer to stop updating one of the settled delinquent accounts.  The biggest, most important thing about repairing credit is resolving outstanding negatives so that they no longer update or better yet no longer exist.

Hang in there - you have the tools and the will.   Progress is incremental, with a few larger jumps thrown in to make it exciting.   Please invest your effort in to addressign those medical collections using the guidance above.  It really will help.  Perhaps a new thread specific to dealing with that collection is in order.   Describe exactly what you see on your credit reports related to the collection.

It is wonderful that you are tackling this head on, and taking control.  We can then revisit the Capital One question later at a time more favorable to your success! 

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.