Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really strange Experian response

tag
DaveRoth

Really strange Experian response

Sent a dispute CMRRR to EX recently

I disputed:

•   2 chargeoffs as obsolete (they are due to fall off in the next 6 months)
  •   An old utility bill which was being reported by 2 different CA’s
  •   And Portfolio, which was still listing a balance for an account for which they had already issued me a 1099

Got my results this week – about 15 days after I sent in the dispute.

Much to my amazement, EX  ‘Updated’ a Capital One account.   I had not mentioned this account in my dispute, and they ignored the 4 tradelines that I did dispute.

Any ideas for my next move?

Do I send the first letter (with proof of delivery) again, with a cover letter that demands a response to the 4 accounts for which I submitted disputes?  Send it to their legal dept.?

Perhaps I wait until their 30 days has passed and then write again and demand deletion.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Really strange Experian response

@DaveRoth wrote:

Sent a dispute CMRRR to EX recently

I disputed:

•   2 chargeoffs as obsolete (they are due to fall off in the next 6 months)
  •   An old utility bill which was being reported by 2 different CA’s
  •   And Portfolio, which was still listing a balance for an account for which they had already issued me a 1099

Got my results this week – about 15 days after I sent in the dispute.

Much to my amazement, EX  ‘Updated’ a Capital One account.   I had not mentioned this account in my dispute, and they ignored the 4 tradelines that I did dispute.

Any ideas for my next move?

Do I send the first letter (with proof of delivery) again, with a cover letter that demands a response to the 4 accounts for which I submitted disputes?  Send it to their legal dept.? Also wait 30 days, good luck!

Perhaps I wait until their 30 days has passed and then write again and demand deletion.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Welcome to the forums!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 3
DaveRoth

Re: Really strange Experian response

Sorry I posted to this forum rather than 'Rebuilding'.  Perhaps the moderators could move it.  Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.