Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild 2.0 FKA I had been doing great

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I had been doing great...

Great work, OP!  Keep it up!  I'm glad you went the spreadsheet route.  I stand by my monthly Excel spreadsheet for my budgets and bills and it is a great way to have everything in one place, rather than looking at multiple papers and multiple websites on a daily basis.  Also, I know how sobering it can be to see the damage that was done to one's credit, but I admire your resolve and the steps you've taken to face them.

Keep pressin' on Smiley Very Happy

Message 31 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

2002 I had my first credit crisis. Then it happened again 2008. Then in 2015 I had a major scare and I said, NOT AGAIN.

All my financial habits have changed. I no longer carry balances on my accounts, I'm over the lease/new car bug, I save a vast majority on my income and I'm on a zero-sum budget where every expense is account for. I also only apply for credit once every 2 years.  

Great job on all the progress so far. If your habits don't change, your outcome won't either. Good luck with everything. It's possible to come back and you have done it before so don't be bummed out but know what needs to be different this time around so this becomes your last. 

Message 32 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Just got off the phone with Amex, I set up a payment plan! I owe a total of 1295.

They were SO nice and easy to work with.

They offered me the Optima with a 500 limit after the debt is fully paid back.  Initial credit line was only 1000.

We will see what my credit is looking like when I am done with the payments if I take that or just app for a different amex card.

They are letting me do 6 months at 30 dollars on autopay (I can call to pay more if I am able to, or it looks like I can still pay online through the AMEX website as well) for a total of 180 to start.

Then after the 6 months we will reevaluate what I can afford, and create another plan with the same Optima offer at the end.

I also set up a plan with RADIUS for my 367 Discover balance, the first 40 is coming out on payday and I can make larger payments toward that online if I am able to.

I am behind 2 payments on my autoloan with Carmax, I paid enough to remove the repossession order, and on payday I will be able to get FULLY caught up with the auto loan.

Finally feeling like I am making some progress here. 

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 33 of 131
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. Keep knocking the wall down until its demolised. Great to see you were offered a second chance with AMEX. Dont let them down now.

Message 34 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent news OP. That Optima may be your key back in - take it and use it well for a year and you may find the gates being opened to you again Smiley Happy

Congrats!
Message 35 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys!

I am really looking forward to proving myself this time around. Got a raise at work also today!

My birthday was yesterday and day one being 33 has been really great so far!

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 36 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy birthday from us and, it appears, Amex too Smiley Happy
Message 37 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Just another update.

Fully caught up with my car loan payments, can't wait to see that on my CR.

Set up another small payment plan (can still make larger payments when i am able to) with PRA for the Vic Sec CO. Just 15 per month commitment, I will probably be able to put more toward it soon.

Also, set up an auto transfer to my cap 1 savings account for 10 bucks a month but I will never see it since I bank with BOFA. Going to try to budget a plan with midland soon so they don't sell it off to someone who will not delete.

I think that is my focus for now, staying current with my one revolver (and paying down the balance I am at 75% util), 3 student loans, and auto loan, and paying these three COs. 

My boyfriend is moving in with me which will give me an extra 750 a month to put toward everything!

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 38 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

AAAAND my Jeep's radiator is cracked...

Shop quoted me 1100 WHAT?

Luckily I am rather mechanically inclined and am doin the swap today myself for around 300.

Had to take a few hours off work to do it, but I kind of need a car, I live in Tahoe and winter is (usually, fingers crossed) big here.

Ready for a break here. haha.

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 39 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Update.

I repaired my radiator myself and saved 750 bucks! Stoked.

Also set up a payment plan with Midland today. Since they delete 2 years after charge off, I am making tiny payments to get to that point in time. Still have another year on the clock with that.

Feeling good that will be gone for good after its finished, same with my PRA account.

Amex will let me back in after their paid back, with Optima but still in!

and Discover will be paid in full soon, Ive read they can be forgiving with paid in full CO.

Now just the waiting game.

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 40 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.