Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild 2.0 FKA I had been doing great

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I had been doing great...

yeah auto shops can be a rip off with labor costs, glad you could save some money!

congratulations on how your rebuild is going so far, keep with it!

Message 41 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

I was behind two months on my carmax payment, and about to catch up.

When my dad passed away and I had to spend most of the month not working and in arizona.

That wrecked my finances and mental state.

I called Carmax today to make a partial payment and they told me I was eligible to move two payments to the end of my loan. Bringin my account current and moving my payment to the end of December. This was so huge for me, I had no idea they even offered anything like that.

So my CR will reflect that in a couple weeks and I am not stressed out more than I need to be.  Things are looking up.

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 42 of 131
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

So sorry about your loss. My condolences to you and your family. But glad Carmax worked with you. And keep going, hang in there, I know it's tough. I'm in the same financial boat. 8 COs, 3 collections. Two collections paid off, 3 COs paid off so far. Feels good.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 43 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much.

We got this!!

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 44 of 131
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's the spirit! Smiley Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 45 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Just an update here.

Been paying down the amex (very slowly but it wont be sold to a CA) 30 bucks a month until March then revisiting to see if i can afford a larger payment, just under 1200 now.

Also been paying down the PRA collection from Vic Secret 16 bucks a month.

And paying down Midland for Credit One 10 bucks a month.

Cap one sold one of my accounts to Alliance One, I am pretty sure that is their in house collections. I have not made any payment plan with them, I need to get on that asap.

My rent went down by 300 dollars. Which is great.

I am current on my carmax auto loan again! Current on my 3 SL thru Navient and current on my Amazon Secured card.

Feels awesome to have a plan that I am able to stick to.

Saving 10 bucks a check (not much but something) in a cap one sav account that i do not ever see. ( I bank with BOFA)

Score isnt moving much right now but thats fine. It will eventually. Marathon not sprint etc etc. Smiley Happy

Thanks guys!

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 46 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to see this update - every dollar paid down is progress and your mental approach is correct. Keep at it and before you know it you’ll be polishing some of these off and moving back up Smiley Happy
Message 47 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Wow, what a year so far!

I came into a small amount of money so I paid down my amazon card to zero. 

I put 400 into a savings account that I never see and have 10 bucks each check going into there as well.

Paid off 2 HIGH interest loans as well, one from opploans for 1000 and one from Money Lion for 500. Neither had ever been late, and I am HAPPY to be done with those huge auto payments each paycheck.

My income has increased, and my monthly bills are not too out of control.

All bills total 1700 ish a month including some collections payment plans.

Income is around 24-2500 a month.  Slow progress but its STILL PROGRESS!!!

I am going to let all these transactions clear and see what I am left with, looking like 1400 or so, then I will direct the payments to amex payback possibly split between the CA that will delete Smiley Happy

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 48 of 131
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Just the tone of your type sounds better....happy for ya!  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 49 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

AAND a score drop after the paid loans were reported haha.

Trying to not let this get me down.

I was approved for an indigo card with a 300 limit, I know the AF is insane but I only have the one and a few installment loans. So hoping fico algorithm likes this addition. I will have the amex paid off and an optima with a 500 limit by next year. Overall doing ok staying current on my TLs that are open and paying down debt slowly and I don't have coronavirus and it finally snowed in Tahoe. yay.

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 50 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.