Did you mean: 

Rebuild 2.0 FKA I had been doing great

tag
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: I had been doing great...

Keep up the good work!

Also look into Merrick or Open Sky or Discover secured. Not sure if it's already been discussed. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 51 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

I have a charge off with discover that i am paying back. 
i dont have any extra money to out towards a secured right now. Its all going to the charge offs and to savings. 

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 52 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a heads up on the auto loan with carmax. I bought a car through them in the past and had nearly identical situation as you with pushing back 2 payments. When I called in to get my final payment amount when I finally got through those long 74 months, I was so excited to be done with it and paid them off.....well...turns out a year later when I couldn't seem to find the title....I never got it! And I had a charge off on my credit for a year from the lender! Turns out they didn't give me the additional amount owed for the extra 2 months interest and fees from extending the life of the loan from 72 to 74 months.....what a nightmare. Thus was before I looked into the forums or for any outside help. I took the settlement offer and have had this charge off auto loan on my account for years now. So depressing. I am just saying when you get near the end of the loan, be double, triple, and quadruple sure that you call several times to get the correct pay off amount that accounts for the extra interest and fees from extending the loan those 2 additional months. 

Congrats on your progress and it is so nice to see how you are coming along bit by bit!

Message 53 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Oh my gosh that sounds terrible. 
i have the updated payoff and their system has updated my final payment date. 
thanks for the heads up! That is NOT what i want to happen!! 
i would never buy from them again as it is but especially after hearing that! 

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 54 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Paid off my discover CO Smiley Happy Feels good.

Now what I have left to pay back is

companybal 
net credit $5,019.00 
Credit one$969.45

payment plan with MIDLAND

cap 1 lgst$2,407.44 
vic secret$483.00

payment plan with PRA

prosper$6,704.00 
amex$1,000.00payment plan with AMEX
cap 1 bus 55$681.00 
cap 1 sm 4802$707.00 

not including my revolvers (ALL AT 0!!!!) and my car loan 11k to go!

I am trying to get a hold of someone at cap 1 to make a payment plan with them before its sold or they sue, but can not get through... been on hold for hours at a time.

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 55 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Got ahold of cap 1

All three accounts are with PRA.

BUT PRA only found one and says they are not collecting on it, but i set up a payment plan anyway.

I suppose I just need to wait until PRA contacts me regarding the other two accounts?? So weird cap 1 transferred me to PRA because they were sold, and PRA can't find em. Guess I am just too quick for the system. ha. or too late...

Just stoked they are with PRA and not some other nondeleting company.

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 56 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

This would happen to me...

The account I set up a payment plan with PRA, the only Cap 1 they could find... was from like 15 years ago... as soon as I realized that I called and cancelled the plan.

The three new CO are showing on PRAs website so I will set up a plan after I pay down a little more on the Vic Secret PRA owned account and the Credit One Midland owned.

Feeling good about progress. Upped my Amex to 50 a month and paying any small chunks extra I can via the website.

Moving small amounts of money into savings every check. And utilizing my payment plan and budget spread sheet almost daily, because I am obsessed with updating the lower numbers of what I owe. Just gotta wait now.

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 57 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep it up. You're making every move right. You'll be clean before you know it Smiley Happy

Message 58 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

*not an update just some thoughts haha*

Anyone else count the days, minutes, seconds until your reports update after you pay off items? OR refresh every day?

All my revolvers finally updated to 0, I am just waiting on the discover CO to update to paid. I want to see that score bump.

The revolvers updating bumped me 15 points. I am so anxious to see where I will be after the discover CO updates...

I think this reward system is encouraging me to pay things off faster. I'll take it!!

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 59 of 131
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@ThetoriParadox wrote:

Anyone else count the days, minutes, seconds until your reports update after you pay off items? OR refresh every day?

All my revolvers finally updated to 0, I am just waiting on the discover CO to update to paid. I want to see that score bump.

The revolvers updating bumped me 15 points. I am so anxious to see where I will be after the discover CO updates...

I think this reward system is encouraging me to pay things off faster. I'll take it!!

@ThetoriParadox wrote:

Remember one revolver needs to report a small balance otherwise it lowers Fico 8 by 10-20+ points depending on your overall profile. COs that an OC reports are typically included in utilization.

Message 60 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.