Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild 2.0 FKA I had been doing great

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I had been doing great...

Great to hear it - it's a long journey but worth it for sure. Keep the updates coming Smiley Happy

Message 71 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Updaaaate:

PRA finally added the three Cap 1 CO to my CRs. Smiley Sad sad face, but not a big drop in score and they'll delete when paid so no sweat really.

Finally figured out who my Netcredit CO was sold to. Alliant Capital Management. Anyone have any experience with PFD with them? I didn't see any sweet "we will delete" policy on their site... havn't answered the calls yet. I am getting a nice bonus in Dec and hopeing to negotiate then if PFD is an option.

They're not on my CR...yet.

Still paying down the 4 accounts with PRA and the one account with midland.

Amex payment plan for optima still in the works as well.... everything going as planned Smiley Happy Just wish I could speed up time haha

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 72 of 131
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@ThetoriParadox You are killing it!! 

I hope your scores climb to 600 before the end of the year or after your bonus. It looks like you have been, but just a quick reminder to pay yourself first (savings etc) so that you aren't pissed off paying your old bills...the ones that you can't remember wha t you bought. I wish you continued success!!!! 

see you at 700!!

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 73 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

@newmomnewme  Thanks!

Two are over 600 (just barely) but waiting for that EX to creep up there too!! I do have an automatic savings transfer to an account outside of my main baking at bofa. One i dont see everyday. So i have that covered Smiley Happy Thanks for the kind words.

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 74 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have received outstanding advice here. Find out what needs to be different so this doesn't happen again. Getting on a budget is a great step. For me the deciding factor was budgeting, drastically reducing expenses (cell phone, internet, cable, insurance, etc all saw reductions) and only using a single CC at a time anf paying off in full each month. I did not use credit cards for any monthly expenses until I was 8-10 months into my budget. That did wonders. 

You have been there before and you can get back there again!

Message 75 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

@AnonymousYup! I owe it all to these forums thats for sure. I have finally figured out how to budget and pay everything on time while also paying back my debt and saving... its incredible. Never thought I would see the day I had a savings account with a positive balance haha. But here I am!

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 76 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ThetoriParadox wrote:

@AnonymousYup! I owe it all to these forums thats for sure. I have finally figured out how to budget and pay everything on time while also paying back my debt and saving... its incredible. Never thought I would see the day I had a savings account with a positive balance haha. But here I am!

Tell me about it. I was nearly bankrupt in 2018 until I decided to budget and reduce expenses to the max, nothing felt better than having 6 months of expenses stashed away. Living paycheck to paycheck was no longer a thing, and it was still the same paycheck! Great to hear you are on the right path now. Don't be so hung up on credit score for the next 12 months or so, the scores will be a great side effect of your financial well-being and will normalize the right way once your debt start going down. Cant wait to hear for your frequent updates!

Message 77 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

September is going well.

Snowballing the heck out of my debt!

Should have everything paid off by April 2022

Probably sooner though, work bonus in December and getting my boyfriend on track with a budget is also going to help (wont be lending money or covering joint bills unexpectedly)

My report will be FULLY clean in 2025 (all baddies off)

Next step house purchase!

I have a plan for huge savings after the snowball is over, essentially snowballing the remaining money into a high yield savings acct. Right now I just have the cap 1 1.5% apy sav acct, but I will be on the lookout for a higher yield once my scores go up and when chexystems is clean (12/20!!!)

Whew, what a ramble haha.

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 78 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

I can not believe it is already October.  This year, I tell ya what....

Our hazard pay at work is ending (I am so grateful the owner offered it for this long)

It was an extra 3 dollars per hour, which was so helpful.

Still snowballing, after this month I will have 7 debts left to pay.

5 collections that will be deleted upon payment!

...More companies should do what Midland and PRA are doing. WAY more incentive for paying CA, aside from the moral compass part of it...

An Amex that I'm paying for an Optima, only $500 more to go!

Wayfair card $90 bucks!

and my Jeep auto loan 9k!

I just need to keep reminding myself that I AM making progress. Slowly but surely, TU is at 620 now, highest it's been in a while. That stoked my fire a bit.

Lets Keep On Keeping On!

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 79 of 131
Crysis
New Contributor

Great info in this thread!  I read the whole thing, and was really inspired by the steps you've taken and the progress you have made

In the garden since 06 Nov, 2020. Plan to stay til March/April to get one more card for the AZEO, then garden for at least a year.
New acquisitions
Kohls 0/300 Nov2020
Capital One 25/300 0ct 2020
Message 80 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.