Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild 2.0 FKA I had been doing great

tag
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Re: I had been doing great...

Whew, this year is flying by.

Got a care credit card. My dog is getting pretty old and has been having some issues so I got approved with a modest limit of $500, but it will be helpful if anything comes up. Hoping to grow this guy. I had one before but they closed it for non use.... So i will at least buy her some toothpaste every so often with it, to keep it active. 

I signed up for NCFU! Trying to establish a relationship with them so I can eventually, when scores allow, get their flagship card and possibly a personal loan to pay off my cars ridiculous interest rate... 13.95% yikes.

Still snowballing, but I altered it to pay things off much faster. I got another raise so I am using that extra couple hundred a check to put towards the balances.

Optima should be here soon. Amex will be paid off beginning of December. Nice way to start the year with my foot back in the door with Amex.

Smiley Happy

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 81 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy has some great auto loan rates. You may want to talk to them about refinancing it through them. Glad to hear you're still making good progress.

Message 82 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

My car is usually too old to do a traditional refi. Unless they have some really open criteria. I will look into that!! Thank you! 

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 83 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not a member there yet so unfortunately I can't tell you. Never know though - they're incredibly accommodating in so many ways that maybe they will. Worst case like you were saying above, possibly a personal loan to take care of it.

Another idea if a personal loan won't cover it, would be to get a loan to wipe your remaining derogs and any balances you're currently carrying. That would likely give you a nice score boost and might open some new doors for the car.

Message 84 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

You were right! Its not too old, I just filled out the app, and waiting on a desicion. Honestly anything lower than 13.95% would be a huge help. I overpay each month and have no missed payments in the last year. fingers crossed!!! I only needed 8900 so since the amount is under 10k and i have a car to secure it maybe it will work!!! Worst case, its one hard pull. no sweat.

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 85 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent! Crossing my fingers for you - please let us know how it goes Smiley Happy

Message 86 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Welp. Denied. I will get the letter explaining why in the mail. I assume because of my low score, and amount of new accounts this year. But I will just keep overpaying my current loan and keep my util down. Going to garden after I get my Optima. Need to let these inquiries chill for a while. Keep on keeping on.

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 87 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Got an email from cap 1 today saying I was preapproved for cards... weird I am on the prequal site like once a week (ok more like once a day) to check and never see anything.

So, of course I immediately jump on and boom pre approved for all three sub prime cards. I am looking to dump this measly indigo before the AF hits so I was pumped.  I went for the QS1 and got a 500 limit, which I know will grow at least a little bit. I will use this card for most of my purchases and pay off bi weekly. 

FINALLY cap 1 let me back in! My CO for 3 cards was back in 2018, so it took just over 2 years to get back.  

Trying to get all my inquiries done before 2021 hits. I have 8 right now, because I went crazy with NFCU... dumb. 

Hopefully my optima app comes soon, amex will be paid of with next check!!! Still no discover love but thats ok for now. 

Wooooooohooooo! 

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 88 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Finally paid of my AMEX charge off.

optima app hopefully is in the mail soon!

BUT got hit with a suit for a judgement for the old prosper debt.

I called an attorney to hopefully help me plan a payment schedule without the judgemnt hitting my credit. Not sure if thats even possible....

So. that sucks. my fault, but still a HUGE bummer after I have been paying down debts one by one....

going to pay off that indigo (only 150 bal) and close it next week.

Just tackling things day by day... trying to build the savings account back up.

But so proud that amex is paid off... two CO fully paid back! only 6 more to go.

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 89 of 131
DebtStinks
Established Contributor

UPDATE: Forgot to post the link...this is one of many you can find.

@ThetoriParadox the link here is one of may reports stating judgments/tax liens are no longer reported to CRAs.

It doesn't mean don't pay a valid judgment, but at least you won't have to worry about the impact on your credit score as a result of a reported judgment.

Best of luck going forward in your rebuild! Keep up the GREAT work!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-bankruptcy-civil-judgments-and-tax-liens-affect-your-credit-re...

NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 (Opened 1/19) - NFCU Platinum $21000 (Opened 1/21) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Discover $5500 (Opened 11/21) - Barclays View MC $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Capital One Platinum $3500 (Opened 2/19) - Capital One World Elite MC $1000 (Opened 3/21) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $42500 (Opened 10/18)
Closed - PenFed $35,000 - Cap1 World Elite MC $11,200
Total CL - $115500

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 2/18/21:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 90 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.