Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild 2.0 FKA I had been doing great

tag
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Re: I had been doing great...

@DebtStinksWAIT?! What?! Did you just make my whole **bleep** day ?!?!?!

there is no link there I'd be EXTREMELY interested in seeing what it says. Thank you!!!

@DebtStinks wrote:

@ThetoriParadox the link here is one of may reports stating judgments/tax liens are no longer reported to CRAs.

It doesn't mean don't pay a valid judgment, but at least you won't have to worry about the impact on your credit score as a result of a reported judgment.

Best of luck going forward in your rebuild! Keep up the GREAT work!

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 91 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DebtStinks wrote:

UPDATE: Forgot to post the link...this is one of many you can find.

@ThetoriParadox the link here is one of may reports stating judgments/tax liens are no longer reported to CRAs.

It doesn't mean don't pay a valid judgment, but at least you won't have to worry about the impact on your credit score as a result of a reported judgment.

Best of luck going forward in your rebuild! Keep up the GREAT work!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-bankruptcy-civil-judgments-and-tax-liens-affect-your-credit-re...

+1

I believe maybe 2017 is when that started? I had 3 judgements removed, thankfully! 1 judgement for almost 40k, which had been granted right before they stopped the practice, so I am certainly grateful that they stopped!

It still does not mean that you do not owe the money and it doesn't mean they will not garnish your wages, need be. This is just from the credit reporting perspective and any associated OC/CA can still report.

Message 92 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Wow! Yeah I am more than willing to pay the debt back. Just was nervous about the reporting. Whew. Feeling much better! @DebtStinks @BIG THANKS. 

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 93 of 131
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

Best of luck to you on your journey.  Kind of reminds me of my rebuild two years ago.

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+

Business Cards:

Message 94 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

OK 2021! LETS DO THIS

I am on the phone cancelling my Indigo card right now. FEELS GREAT. None of my other cards have an AF, waiting on Mission Lane to CLI me after 7 months as well as my Cap1 QS1 after 6 statements.

I am still waiting on my Optima Application to come in the mail, but based on what I have read 30-35 business days from the final payment puts me at Feb 5th... so soooooon! I had to use my savings to pay some vet bills, but it will grow again. Got a promotion at work and am negotiating a pay raise to go along with it. This is the year of paying off ALL the debt.

I have requests out to make payment plans for my medical debt.

And still havn't heard back regarding the judgement that was served to my sister...

This is the first year I will get a tax return in 5 years, and fingers crossed for a stimulus from our new Pres, and I will be making DENTS in DEBT.

I am clearly highly caffienated today... thanks for reading my rambles.

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 95 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Just got off the phone with Amex. My optima application was sent to the wrong address... So another one was requested to be mailed to my current address.  He said arrival in around 2 weeks, I can barely wait haha.

Just want to get that inquiry over with so I can feel like I am actually gardening this year. Still havn't negotiated a salary with my employer... feelign weird about that, been working a new position for almost a month now..... aghrr.

Other that that everything else is business as usual. Paying all revolvers in full each month, paying down collections slowly.

Happy Feb everyone!

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 96 of 131
kwhat94
Established Member

Just had to pop in and say this thread has been absolutely motivating and informative. Falls in line with some of my situation and helped me make contact with Midland Funding to get a CO paid and removed. So, thanks for sharing your journey -- staying tuned to keep my momentum up and read about you crushing your goals! Smiley Happy 

Message 97 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Received my Optima App (if you can call it an app haha) last night, sent it off this morning!! So excited to nurture that dang ol Amex relationship. 

Still paying down PRA and Midland Collections, trying to contact the hospital to make arrangements on a balance there....

Keeping revolvers down and overpaying on car loan and student loans each month... making dents!!!

on track for debt free by 2025 possibly sooner. fingers crossed for timely tax return and another stimulus check!!!

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 98 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Got the notification for a hard pull this morning. Checked Amex app status and optima approved!!! So pumped.

A5E1BCBE-5CB2-4FA7-8A85-8436F426B1CE.jpeg

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 99 of 131
DebtStinks
Established Contributor

Congrats! The rest is up to you...keep up the progress you've made!

NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 (Opened 1/19) - NFCU Platinum $21000 (Opened 1/21) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Discover $5500 (Opened 11/21) - Barclays View MC $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Capital One Platinum $3500 (Opened 2/19) - Capital One World Elite MC $1000 (Opened 3/21) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $42500 (Opened 10/18)
Closed - PenFed $35,000 - Cap1 World Elite MC $11,200
Total CL - $115500

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 2/18/21:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 100 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.