Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild 2.0 FKA I had been doing great

tag
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Re: I had been doing great...

Welp! Mission Lane just became my highest CL of em all. Just got another 300 dollar increase to $1100.

Opened this email today!

cli1100.PNG

I opened the card at the end of sept 2020 500 CL, first CLI March 2021 to 800, and now July 2021 to 1100.

Its a win to me!

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 111 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats - its nice seeing your progress continue over time. Keep it going Smiley Happy

Message 112 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Same ol same ol happening in my credit world. Paying down current balances, old things aging off, no missed payments, etc.

Strongly considering closing my amazon prime credit builder with a 150 deposit and opening NFCU secured with 200 to start. It pops up on the prequal link when I check for offers, so confident I will be approved.

I do not have any money in my accounts with them currently, but if that is a factor to unsecuring more quickly i can definitely move my bills over to that checking.  Thoughts?

I do not forsee this amazon card unsecuring anytime soon (had it for almost 2 years) and i really want some of those generous Navy CLIs Smiley Happy

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 113 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Been a few months since I updated here.

I cancelled the amazon secured... and opened a scured nrewards with navy with a 450 limit.  Hoping to see one of those bumps at 3 months!!!

Still paying down the collections, trying to keep CC balances low, focusing all my extra money on my carmax loan right now.  Only 4k to go!! I get a pretty decent xmas bonus of around 2K, we are seeing family and having to drive 14 hours south, so the money left over after that trip will go to the car loan. 

Chugging along here. Remebering its a marathon and not a sprint.  I stopped looking at my scores because I was obsessing.  Just focusing on paying debt and staying ON TIME. Smiley Happy

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 114 of 131
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

Thanks for the check in. Glad things are still moving forward and good luck on the nRewards bump!

Message 115 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

TFW you get an EE the day it was submitted. Wooooo. 

2722AC83-5F58-4F36-A9CB-C9EA55DE0543.png

Had an unpaid $818 balance, still open and reporting with applied bank. Set to stay on until 7/22 

Happy new year! 

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 116 of 131
HowDoesThisAllWork
Frequent Contributor

@ThetoriParadox 

Job well done.  I was going to ask a question but nevermind on that......

Keep on chugging along.  We are all behind you and cheering you on.

Happy New Year!

FICO 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Bankcard 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

Starting Score: Exp 627
Current Score: Exp 713
Goal Score: Exp 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 117 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

So far so good for Feb...

- Optima let me request a CLI. Denied me but I had not seen that option on there before... March marks 1 year of having that card.  this was an interesting find. 

- Feb 19th is my 3rd statement for Nrewards secured, so hoping that I get the 3 month CLI without adding funds that I have read about. 

- Paid down quite a bit on all cards and got all under limit and not using a few to get the bal to zero. Scored jumped quite a bit because of the lower utilization.

-My partner and I are moving in May so trying to save up a deposit and first months rent as well as paying all these CC bal down.

-Cap1 is still pulling my score from december so there is no way I can ge a CLI there for now....

- Got my tax return and paid some things down and also put in savings for new house expenses. 

I think thats it for this year so far update!

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 118 of 131
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

WOW! what a couple of months.

We moved (still renting) so the savings is drained and my cards are **bleep** near their limit. So my scored tanked, but its (mostly) because of high util, temporary hurts....

Gotta celebrate the wins still tho:

No late payments in the last 2.5 years

Three unpaid charge offs have fallen off of TU, waiting until June for the other two bureaus.

Carmax loan will be paid off by August! Maybe sooner if i ask for a 0% interest advance at work! Might do that when there is 1500 left to pay.

1 of 5 non medical collections just got below the 150 amount.  The rest hovering around 400-500 each and one at 1600, but chipping away at those slowly, will be deleted after payment.

Got a small bump on my cap 1 walmart card. woo.

Still slow progress but about to be in a great position (with no car payment) to pay things down quickly, must be patient. Trying to NOT focus on the scores and just focus on the debt numbers.

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 119 of 131
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

@ThetoriParadox wrote:

WOW! what a couple of months.

We moved (still renting) so the savings is drained and my cards are **bleep** near their limit. So my scored tanked, but its (mostly) because of high util, temporary hurts....

Gotta celebrate the wins still tho:

No late payments in the last 2.5 years

Three unpaid charge offs have fallen off of TU, waiting until June for the other two bureaus.

Carmax loan will be paid off by August! Maybe sooner if i ask for a 0% interest advance at work! Might do that when there is 1500 left to pay.

1 of 5 non medical collections just got below the 150 amount.  The rest hovering around 400-500 each and one at 1600, but chipping away at those slowly, will be deleted after payment.

Got a small bump on my cap 1 walmart card. woo.

Still slow progress but about to be in a great position (with no car payment) to pay things down quickly, must be patient. Trying to NOT focus on the scores and just focus on the debt numbers.

@ThetoriParadox great job.  You are constantly moving forward overall and as far as your util %, you know after paying those down again you will likely gain those points back.  You have come so far, keep the great work up.  It is inspiration for all of us.  I too get frustrated wanting my scores and progress to move at a quicker pace but then I remind myself of how many times the young dumb, and dumber me made so many financial mistakes over quite some time.  Bottom line, you have done amazing and it is awesome to watch and witness!!!!  

Starting Score: 461
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 775

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 120 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.