cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild Journey (Just hit 700); suggested next steps?

tag
jetbotw

Rebuild Journey (Just hit 700); suggested next steps?

Hi everyone, thank you for all the advice posted here. It has been extremely helpful in my rebuild journey. I have paid down all of my CC balances and kept a good payment history (no late payments) for the past 4 years. I'm wondering what my next steps could be or if I'm now in a good place to just chill, play the CC game (CLIs, low UTI) and wait for baddies to fall off. I want to buy a house in two years, that's the end goal. 

Here is my profile:

Scores:

EX: 701 

TU: 696 

EQ: 682 

Open CC's:

NFCU - 0 / 1700 (no lates, just got)

Apple - 0 / 2200 (no lates)

Discover - 0 / 2000 (no lates)

CapOne Platinum - $320 / 4000 (lates from 2017)

CapOne Journey - 0 / 500 (paid in full several years ago but still reports so I don't touch it) 

Ulta - 0 / 750 (no lates)

Current utilization: $320/$8200 (3.9%)

Other open accounts:

Upstart: $5,459.33 / $6000 (I'm going to pay this down to 8% and then coast) (no lates)

Capital One Auto: $2222 / $11,121 (I plan to pay this off next week; would be an early pay-off) (no lates)

Lates: 

Capital One Journey 09/2015

Capital One Platinum 10/2017

Student Loans (each loan shares the same date of last deliquency) 11/2017

Comenity/Victoria's Secret 09/2017

As you can see 2024 is gonna be a GREAT year as long as I stay the course and don't do anything crazy LOL. Anything else I should do in the meantime?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Rebuild Journey (Just hit 700); suggested next steps?

Congrats on your Journey and Progress! 👍👍

Once the negative effects are gone your score could go up significantly!

Message 2 of 3
jetbotw

Re: Rebuild Journey (Just hit 700); suggested next steps?

Thank you Cyber! Yeah, I think I should just play the waiting game. I'm happy with the progres so far.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.