Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild Update for 2021

tag
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Re: Rebuild Update for 2021

Sooo I got 2 new credit cards one for $3000 for American Signature and another for Lexus for $1000.

I still can't get a CLI for my care credit account which is what I need for my oral surgery.

Capital one has been P.Ced to Quicksilver

NCA is only on Experian & Equifax. They usually update on the 15th but decided to update on the 1st lol

My student loans are reporting close on TransUnion & Equifax but not on Experian just yet.

Current Scores: 601 Equifax 605 TransUnion 646 Experian

Let The Journey Continue!

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 11 of 15
jrwa81
Regular Contributor

The secured Citi card is VERY difficult to graduate.  It seems that almost everyone has problems with them in this regard.  I've had my secured Citi Diamond card since December of 2019, never missed a single payment, never been late, have always have very low utilization and carry either a low or zero balance, and my credit scores are much higher than they were when I first got the card, but they refused to graduate me last year, so I'm holding out until spring, when I should be up for consideration to graduate again.  If they don't graduate me this time, I'm closing the card.   My scores are now in the 700s (I was mid-500s when I got the card), so I don't even need it anymore.  I got this card in hopes of establishing a good relationship with Citi and then graduating to something like the Citi Double Cash or one of their other unsecured cards.  I have no idea what their criteria for graduating secured cards is, but it's pretty ridiculous. 

Message 12 of 15
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

@jrwa81 wrote:

The secured Citi card is VERY difficult to graduate.  It seems that almost everyone has problems with them in this regard.  I've had my secured Citi Diamond card since December of 2019, never missed a single payment, never been late, have always have very low utilization and carry either a low or zero balance, and my credit scores are much higher than they were when I first got the card, but they refused to graduate me last year, so I'm holding out until spring, when I should be up for consideration to graduate again.  If they don't graduate me this time, I'm closing the card.   My scores are now in the 700s (I was mid-500s when I got the card), so I don't even need it anymore.  I got this card in hopes of establishing a good relationship with Citi and then graduating to something like the Citi Double Cash or one of their other unsecured cards.  I have no idea what their criteria for graduating secured cards is, but it's pretty ridiculous. 

Yeah I'm annoyed with it because it has my $2000 on it but I'm waiting to graduate because i don't need the $2000. I saw someone say that had a secured card for 7 years that never graduated & I'm hoping that won't be me.

Goals:

Message 13 of 15
Joobie
Regular Contributor

@simplegirl wrote:

@jrwa81 wrote:

Yeah I'm annoyed with it because it has my $2000 on it but I'm waiting to graduate because i don't need the $2000. I saw someone say that had a secured card for 7 years that never graduated & I'm hoping that won't be me.

I'm currently waiting on my Citi card to graduate. I got a generic letter in the mail stating it would not. I called Citi and asked for a supervisor. He read me something off of a script. They don't even have an answer. Lol. They actually advised me to wait or close the card.

Starting Credit Scores:

Current Credit Scores:

Current Credit Cards (In Order of Approval):
Message 14 of 15
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

That is sad. I've had to get 3 new cards from them but the was setting up recurring charges for things I was no longer subscribed to. 

Goals:

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.