Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuild credit score in less than 12 months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuild credit score in less than 12 months

Hello everyone as you may know bad credit is common problem in this forum and yet I'm in  the same situation.

Let go straight to the story!

My problem is that I got laid off last summer and I got 3 collection and 4 credit cards in less than 120 days past due

1. Toyota financial : $4698 (paid) company removed the collection

2.Capital one : $1256 

3.Capital one : $1206

4.Sears/CBNA: $612

5.Macys : $338(paid) wait for it to remove

6.Tmobile :$1794 

7. Comcast: $586

My credit score is currently 484 for Equifax .

I'm looking to pay off all this debt by the end of this month due just got job = got money :v

And I'm stuck with this 45 inquiries because during the time car got towed and they wont let me take back I applied for many dealers and all declined . Im working on disputing it.

Now is my wife situation

She dont even have fico score because just immigrant like 3 years

And she also have 64 inquiries because identity theft (already have police report) removed already so her credit profile is blank

What should I do to get her approve for a unsecured credit cards by end of this year?

Should I also apply a secured credit card for myself and my wife , add 6 credit tradelines to both our credit reports for few months and get credit booster loan from credit union?

I want to get approve for a credit card has limit of $5000 and get mortgage for $399.000 by end of this year

My current income is $145,000 a year and my wife is $44000 (self employed)

Look forward for an advise Thank and have great day !

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
stargazer25
Regular Contributor

Re: Rebuild credit score in less than 12 months

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone as you may know bad credit is common problem in this forum and yet I'm in  the same situation.

Let go straight to the story!

My problem is that I got laid off last summer and I got 3 collection and 4 credit cards in less than 120 days past due

1. Toyota financial : $4698 (paid) company removed the collection

2.Capital one : $1256 

3.Capital one : $1206

4.Sears/CBNA: $612

5.Macys : $338(paid) wait for it to remove

6.Tmobile :$1794 

7. Comcast: $586

My credit score is currently 484 for Equifax .

I'm looking to pay off all this debt by the end of this month due just got job = got money :v

And I'm stuck with this 45 inquiries because during the time car got towed and they wont let me take back I applied for many dealers and all declined . Im working on disputing it.

Now is my wife situation

She dont even have fico score because just immigrant like 3 years

And she also have 64 inquiries because identity theft (already have police report) removed already so her credit profile is blank

What should I do to get her approve for a unsecured credit cards by end of this year?

Should I also apply a secured credit card for myself and my wife , add 6 credit tradelines to both our credit reports for few months and get credit booster loan from credit union?

I want to get approve for a credit card has limit of $5000 and get mortgage for $399.000 by end of this year

My current income is $145,000 a year and my wife is $44000 (self employed)

Look forward for an advise Thank and have great day !

I'm sure other people can weigh in on this but a little more information might be helpful. 

For the collections aim for PFD first. Are the CC reporting maxed out? Late payment history as well? Gone to collections?

Definitely get a secured credit card for both you and the wife. Having open revolving credit history with on time payments will help. A few months will not cut it. It takes time. 

Try Discover and Open Sky. 

Having good income helps with PFD, but if the creditors and CA's won't play you will get stuck. 

Starting Scores: September 2015 minus 500 across the board
Current Scores: October 2017 EQ: 715 TU: 710 EX: 716
In My Wallet:
Cap1 QS: $4.8K - AMEX BCP: $4.2K - Old Navy Visa: $7K - Nordstrom $3.8K - VS $500 (FTW!)
BofA AU: $12K AMEX AU: $25K
Business: AMEX BCP $15K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.