cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilders, where were you this time last year?

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Rebuilders, where were you this time last year?

Going over my financials and realizing how much my credit profile has grown since this time last year. I had a $2500 Forward, two $300 Capital One cards, a $550 NY&Co card, a $300 Kohl's card, and an $800 Macy's card. UTL was well in the 90s at all times. And now, well, look at my signature! And UTL is well under 10%. I have enough INQs and new accounts to make a bankers skin crawl, but those will fall off! So I'm curious for those who were in a position such as mine how much they've grown.
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rebuilders, where were you this time last year?

Man, congrats on you success! This time last year I wouldn't even look at my credit.lol I had around 12 collection on each report. A judgement on Tu and a repo charge off reporting two times. My car loan was the only positive and it reported to EX only. As of yesterday I have 2 collections, no judgements, still have the repos (SOL is not till April then I'll tackle that one). Positives: one paid card loan, a new car loan (reports to all 3 CRAs) CU MC 2000cl, cap1 secured 200cl, CU PLC 1000cl, and a cap1 qs1 300cl. I'll be paying of the last collections in Oct. dealing with the repo in May and I'm in the garden till I can get a airline miles card. Then a house.

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 2 of 29
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

This time last year I was just starting out and was in the low 600's high 500's...as I just posted I am finally Yellow with all 3 bureaus and 2 points away from the 700 club! Come a long way, still on my journey for bigger and better.

Much success to you and your efforts! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:
Going over my financials and realizing how much my credit profile has grown since this time last year. I had a $2500 Forward, two $300 Capital One cards, a $550 NY&Co card, a $300 Kohl's card, and an $800 Macy's card. UTL was well in the 90s at all times. And now, well, look at my signature! And UTL is well under 10%. I have enough INQs and new accounts to make a bankers skin crawl, but those will fall off! So I'm curious for those who were in a position such as mine how much they've grown.

hmmm FICO score wise I was at 607 with 4 open collections, BK and 1 CO. I had one $500 CC but the School of hard Knocks wasn't done with me so I didn't start rebuilding until 6 months ago.

Today, I'm inching close to the 700 mark, no open collections and BK has fallen off.

The CO/Repo should fall off next year. I have 4 CC's with over $18K CL's and refi'd my car at 1.74% APR

Message 4 of 29
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

This time last year all I had was a credit one card with $500 limit and a capital one with $1500 limit. Scores went up with it prime cards and bought a brand new car from the dealership this week too. Looking to buy a house a year from now. 

Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 5 of 29
Katheryne88
Regular Contributor

Last year this time I had been separated from my husband for about 3 months because he got someone else pregnant.., I had no job, no car, two kids to support by myself and no credit at all..

My mom spent 2 months with me to help me get back on my feet, I got a job and built enough in savings to not need to go in the red again.. By May of this year I decided to rebuild my credit and I had two CO's and a Verizon collection.. Paid it all off and went from 400's score to mid 600's in less than 6 months.

Starting score May 2015 500's across the boards
Now - 610 EQ 598 TU 597 EX
Message 6 of 29
jbsea
Established Contributor

Well first great job on your success... as for me, I had just been turned down for a secured cc from a local credit union (July of last year) and had no ideal of what to do.  My scores were all in the 540's and 7 baddies and one judgement.  I had no ideal of what to do and things were not looking good.  I knew that I was going to need  a new car in the next few months and I was really worried on what to do. I was finally able to get a couple of secured cards in November and then found this forms in January... I'm down to one baddie and the judgment falls off in March so I will try to get that removed early and still working on the one.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 7 of 29
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

hmmm, this time last year I think I was in the low 500's with 20+ medical collections(most were unpaid!) & at least 3 medical judgements(1 was unpaid). I had 2 very low value CC's.

Within the last year I've increased my score up to around 650's(EQ is still being stubborn), cleared my reports of everything except 1 unpaid medical collection(I'm trying really hard to do a PFD but the CA absolutely wont budge & the OC is saying NOPE as well to pulling back the CA for a PIF, so looks like I'll have to just pay it and GW from now on) & my final paid medical judgement which is due to fall off in 2019/2020.

I really wanted a clear report, but I'll settle for all paid at least.

Still working on paying down util % on 2 cards I had to use to get rid of my collections so they wouldnt go to court heh.

I added almost 10k in credit mostly thanks to NFCU & Capital One. Smiley Happy

And of course thanks to you guys for giving great info & encouragement along the way! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I'll bite. Last August was when I traded in my Durango for the Mariner. According to the dealer, my scores were all right around 500 - no idea what scoring model they pulled. I had two credit cards from Capital One, $300 and $500 limits, both maxxed out and minimum payments made each month. I decided things needed to change the next month and I joined this site.

Now I'm at 643/604/578 (EQ is my problem child). I've since added a Barclays card @ $1400, and a FH account @ $400, my Cap One Cards are up to $5800 (combined the first two accounts) and $500 (new Platinum account). I hope to be able to qualify for a VA mortgage within the next six months.

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I hope to be able to qualify for a VA mortgage within the next six months.

Best of luck Norman! I'm also trying to get a VA loan next year

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.