cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilders, where were you this time last year?

tag
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Re: Rebuilders, where were you this time last year?

Last year I had one capital one card and around this time I got in with NFCU and app'ed for their cashRewards. Got 10k limit used it and kept utilization under 15% but the scores have gone up and down since then. I am AU on a card whose utilization is almost 100% and two collections keep dinging me every month. Next Sept they would gone and hopefully I will be in with Amex this month just paid them off last week. I got penfed Amex with 20k and virgin America also AU on Chase card. If the balance on the AU card goes down it will boost the scores and next year everything will clear up

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

This time last year:

Capital One Partially Secured PLatinum $1000

First Premier Bank $300

Amazon $800 and Paypal $500 (opened 11 months ago)

Scores were 560-570 on all 3, I had 7 medical collections on 2 of 3 credit reports.

Since then I have the following:

Capital One Quicksilver $4,500

Capital One Quicksilver One $1000

US Bank REI $1000

Capital One GM card $300

BOA Secured 99/500 $500

Discover Secured $200

First Premier $300 (Cant bring myself to close since it is my oldest tradeline at almost 2 years)

American Eagle $1000

Macys $650

Victoria Secret $650

JC Penny $500

Paypal $500

Amazon $5000

76 Station $800

Cheveron/Texaco $800

Exxon/Mobile $800

Walmart $1400

2 months ago I had the remaining medical collections removed by applying for charity care through my hospital. I completely wiped  7 accounts this way. I no longer have any baddies or negatives on my reports. I have never been late on any payments.

Current Utilization is about 35% but will pay it all down in two weeks when I get my student loans.

Current scores

Experian 673

Equifax 655

Transunion 666

Goal is to reach 720's in the next year so that I can apply for a mortgage loan!

I owe all of my successes to MyFico forums, thank you!

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last Sept I was at 535 with 7 collections and no positive trade lines. Today, I have 2 baddies left on each report and have settled them both and making payments on each. I have 3 credit cards with 3500 total credit and a car loan. My scores are currently 607/611/596. I am going to apply for a mortgage next sping and hope to be at 640 plus by then.
Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

This time last year, I had 1 baddie left onm y report, a satisfied judgment and scores in the upper 600s.  I applied for Discover and had just gotten denied, so I applied for a secured card from DCU.  Now, as the Judgment has since fallen off, I finally have that Discover, and have since closed my DCU card!

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

This time last year.

570 score across the board.

4 Accounts in collections.

Had a $250 secured account along with a fingerhut account

-----------------

Now

680 score across the board

13 accounts open

2 Accounts in collections (due to fall off in 6 months)

Message 15 of 29
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

Where was I this time last year??? LOST, T-Totally LOST.... I had no clue, didn't join MyFico until March of 2015.  I knew I had filed BK in 2008 and I knew I had 2 collections.  After pulling my reports; I was astonished at how bad it (my credit) was.  After taking a week to read on here all that my lil brain could soak up, I dug in and made corrections/adjustments where I could (via disputes, etc).  My lowest score was 498 (TU) and in 7 months that score is the one that has increased the most by 131 points!!  I'm so grateful to have found this site... I had no idea 'what' could be done, 'how' to do it, 'who' to contact, etc. ~None of that.  Now I'm on the right track (again).  The most important thing to remember is that it is not a race, it's a Marathon.  Sometimes you'll feel like nothing is happening, other times you'll think its all going backwards.... you just have to hang in there and ride the ride.  It all works itself out in time.  Smiley Wink

EQ: 731 TU: 705 EX: 715

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last year at this time I was around 660 660 700. I had a secured loan thru my credit union and 5 secured cards total limits 3400.

Fast forward...

Today all scores >720

Closed on home 6/29/15

Two of the secured cards have graduated, two are closed.

9 current revolving accounts total CL 17800. Total balances reporting... 43 bucks. Total rewards waiting to be used...475 bucks. Apparently I am extending credit to my creditors

Not bad for someone who had never had a credit card for the first 39 years of life Smiley LOL

Oh and amusingly enough, last year at this time Credit karma loved me...now they suggest bankruptcy...

My trending lines between fico and vantage almost make an X, fico on the uptend vantage on the roller coaster drop.

Message 17 of 29
adifferentme
Contributor

This time last year I cancelled my 1st premier secured cc because of the $50 AF and got US Bank HD which has no AF, a CO which has only $29 & have been rebuilding every since. My score did not drop at all after letting FP go.
Message 18 of 29
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

My head was in the sand with 1 secured card in my hand from WFCU, and only because I needed the ability to rent a car every so often.

Had no idea what my scores/reports looked like but knew it was loaded with CO's and collections from 2009.

So incredibly much has been gleaned in the last 6 months from the members of this forum.  Total messages read shows 6,891.

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was in the mid-500s with 5 unpaid collections and 1 CO. One QS1 with $750 limit that stayed maxed out. Now, 4 collections gone (1 was duplicate reporting from 2 CAs), getting ready to EE the CO, GWing efforts for the last collection (Verizon, grrrr). Now have Visa, another MC (CapOne, will combine in 90 days), Discover, Amex, and 2 store cards, PIFing all but one every month. Much progress! :-)
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.