Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Again - Seeking Advice About Cap One, Chase, PayPal

tag
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rebuilding Again - Seeking Advice About Cap One, Chase, PayPal

Didn’t mean to mislead you or confuse anyone FireMedic1. I do state I moved to a developing country to volunteer and my income is about $500 a month (between $450 -500). That is about 2X minimum wage. I explained that to help people understand how the repayment of this debt has been hard over the past four years.

But I did not explain that in addition to living extremely frugally like a local, I just very recently started some consulting for US-based individuals which allows me pay off the debt a bit more quickly. But even without sharing my complete financial status (not all of us are that candid or find it necessary), I did state that I planned to pay off debt within 6 months to a year, i do this my prioritizing it above all eslse accept living. No vacation getaways, no fancy restaurants, no taxis. I walk or take a bus where I need to go and eat tbeans/rice/eggs which is about $2 per day (occasionally at the behest of friends I “splurge” and go eat dinner with them for about $20. I can pay because I save and just emjoy a walk for fun (and Netflix, lol). Believe me, I live in Colombia and have wanted to visit so many amazing places with friends. But credit repair comes first. Even after I pay off this cards I will need to turn my focus on school loans. In time I will be able to travel and have a fantastic time. But I also like taht I live in the same barrios as my students, not in “gringo land”—this hekp me bond with them and build a rapport that few other people I know have experienced. We are all poor together and they see being poor does not equal autmatic failure amd that sacrifice and hard work payoff (I ironically do divulge my complete finances to them to show not all hringos are rich). And I started publishing books on Amazon, too, which I hope will bring in extra income. I hope taht all helps you understand how I plan to pay off $15 grand of deliquent debt (and $5000 of cureent debt).

Thanks for the well wishes. I didn’t ask advice about payment order because I already know in which order these debts will be paid. But the community here is always helpful and it was on the suggestion of a member that I even called Chase to negotiate a settlement, which saved me 50% on that debt. I had intended to pay in full over a much more extended period.

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.