Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding..Again

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding..Again

So, thanks to ALOT of medical bills.. I have fallen behind on some payments and even a couple cards went into collections. I was thinking about doing the BK for a fresh start.  I have never went that route before. Is there a certain amount to be in debt with to even consider the it?

I do have a few credit cards and car loans that are in good standing as well.  Thanks in advance for any and all info. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Rebuilding..Again

If you could. List the debts of each account. Credit Lines and balances, collections,and any other baddies. And the total debt amount your in. Then the gang can figure what will be best for you. Sorry about your situation. It only gets better now.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi FireMedic!

We are also a Fire Dept family as well. Smiley Happy & thank you for your reply.

Accounts:

Cap1 auto loan. Bal $21k

Ally Fin auto loan. Bal $4k

Cap 1 Quick Silver Bal $500

Cap 1 quick silver 1 Bal $500

Kohls Bal 0

Walmart bal $245

Bridgestone Fire bal $800

**Charge offs**

Merrick Bank $1200

Merrick Bank $1000

Credit 1 $700

Boscovs: $300

Medical Bills $2000

**Collections**

Carecredit  $3000 (6years old)

Smiley Embarassed

Message 3 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Honestly with what you listed. BK isnt worth it. The main goal for now is pay down the charge offs to 0. Then the countdown clock will start to fall off.

What are the credit lines on these accounts. Want to see what the util is at the moment.

Cap 1 Quick Silver Bal $500

Cap 1 quick silver 1 Bal $500

Walmart bal $245

Bridgestone Fire bal $800

Lastly whos the collection agency for Care  Credit if there is one.

Might be able to tackle this and help out the brotherhood family!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi FireMedic,
Well my Cap1s are maxed unfortunately. My Bridgestone has $1600 SL, Walmart $400. And the Carecredit is now with Midland. I know I can lower my Cap1s next month. Then hopefully put them in ice. 😁
Thanks again. You rock! 🤘
Renee
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.