cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Credit Help

tag
tatonka20

Rebuilding Credit Help

Alright guys I am going to work on rebuilding my credit. I will have a lot of questions but I will space them out.

I live in Oregon and have a TU score of 527.

First Question: Is there anything I can do about this. It shows as a balance of 966.00. I think it was sent to collection or paid off. I can't remember, my parents helped me pay a lot of debts off back then. How do I find out?

Osu Fcu
Status as of  Nov, 2004
Date opened Jun, 2003
Date of last activity Aug, 2004
Date paid out Not Reported
Date closed Jan, 2004
Loan type Unsecured
Credit limit  Not Reported
Largest past balance $1,200
Terms 24 Monthly
Account Type Installment Account
Account holder Individual Account
 Scheduled payment amount $59
Descriptions
  • Closed
Balance 
Current Status  Past Due
Amount  $966
Charged off as bad debt $0
Seven year payment history
30 days late 0 times
60 days late 0 times
90+ days late 0 times
Worst Delinquency None Reported
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tatonka20

Re: Rebuilding Credit Help

I just found out that it was actually sent to a collections agency which I paid for.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who did you pay...the CA..or the OC???...is the CA on your reports as well???...the balance does show $0 right???...
Message 3 of 7
tatonka20

The OSU Fed is on all 3 reports with Transunion the only still showing a balance. Also the collection is on all 3 reports as well showing 0 balance and paid. The TU report shows a 966.00 balance.

I need to get that put at 0, but was also wondering what I could do to try and get them all removed.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who did you pay???...you DEFINITELY need to get that TU updated to $0 balance..it's still being calculated into your UTL..and hurting your scores...you need to start with the GW letters...ASAP...send GWletter to the CA...for removal of the entire TL...it might hurt to have the entire OC TL removed from your reports...because it can hurt you history...depending on the other accounts you have...but you can send them a GW letter for the removal of the lates...and negative notations...or for the entire TL...its up to you...
Message 5 of 7
tatonka20

What kind of letter and who do I send it to to get the balance on my TU report to show 0?

I will try a GW to the CA but I doubt it will work as I have read some other reports on here showing that their GWs were denied as well.

Is there anything else I can try?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just initate a dispute with the CRAs...saying the balance is incorrect...it should be $0...there should be an option there...if you are disputing online...as for the paid collection...send something like...

Name

Address

July XX, XXXX

CA

Address

Account number: XXXXX

Dear XXXX:

I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a “goodwill” adjustment to your reporting to the three credit reporting agencies. The above reference account was placed with you for collections by "OC Name" in Jan 2008. I paid the account in full on XXXX XX, XXXX.

Because I have paid the account in full, I would like you to consider deleting the account from you records and stop reporting to the three credit reporting agencies. I had no idea about this collection company because I have received no letter from you regarding this. As soon and I found about out about this collection from pulling my 3 in 1 credit report. I contacted you and paid as soon as I could.

I am in the process of purchasing a home and currently my scores are too low to do so. I have a 30-60 day time frame to get my scores up. I have been paying all items on my credit report and because this one is already paid all I can do it hope you will delete which will increase my score a lot. Your customer service representative suggested that I write you for a “goodwill adjustment.”

Sincerely,

I sent this to a CA...after I paid them...and it worked...of course...for the last paragraph...you would put your personal experience in there...unless you are planning on purchasing a home...GOOD LUCK!!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.