Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Credit: Just got approved for Chase Freedom Unlimited

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding Credit: Just got approved for Chase Freedom Unlimited

@jujubeans1 wrote:

So... if only 3 credit cards are only needed to build a good history, then why do a lot of members on here have a whole collection they pride on????

Are those for other reasons, or goals??

Some people benefit from the rewards of a variety of cards, some people want to pad their util. 

Depending on your income, the debt you can comfortably and responsibly carry and pif will vary. Right now I have $900 in Available Credit. 9% of that is only $81. I make $120k a year, so technically I can afford to carry a lot more than that. One way to accomplish raising my CL to closer to what is reflective of my income is to get more cards now instead of waiting for what I have to grow. 

That being said, I don't plan on doing that. I don't feel financially responsible enough to have more available credit than I can PIF every month prior to statement cut. 

Personally, I'd like a relationship with a variety of lenders so that when I need a loan I can shop for the best rate and be courted by my financial institutions. The Hilton card I want is to maximize my rewards as I stay with Hilton enough to have gold status on my own.

Message 51 of 52
jujubeans1
Valued Member

Re: Rebuilding Credit: Just got approved for Chase Freedom Unlimited

@Anonymous wrote:

@jujubeans1 wrote:

So... if only 3 credit cards are only needed to build a good history, then why do a lot of members on here have a whole collection they pride on????

Are those for other reasons, or goals??

Some people benefit from the rewards of a variety of cards, some people want to pad their util. 

Depending on your income, the debt you can comfortably and responsibly carry and pif will vary. Right now I have $900 in Available Credit. 9% of that is only $81. I make $120k a year, so technically I can afford to carry a lot more than that. One way to accomplish raising my CL to closer to what is reflective of my income is to get more cards now instead of waiting for what I have to grow. 

That being said, I don't plan on doing that. I don't feel financially responsible enough to have more available credit than I can PIF every month prior to statement cut. 

Personally, I'd like a relationship with a variety of lenders so that when I need a loan I can shop for the best rate and be courted by my financial institutions. The Hilton card I want is to maximize my rewards as I stay with Hilton enough to have gold status on my own.

hey lowkey,

I've been reading in this forum and learning tons. 

Wish I knew about this forum earlier in life.

Better late than never though.

Well, now I have 5 CCs and just gotta work on bringing my score into mortgage range.

Going to dealer tmrw. Let's see what happens there.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to give me your take. 

Have an awesome day!

Keep on trying.
Message 52 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.