Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding Credit Score

I’m 25 and I did some screwing up early. I have some collections and some closed/charged off credit cards as well. I’m trying to figure out which route to take to even start cleaning up my credit report. My goal is to be debt free before I’m 30! The only thing that might remain are my student loans, but they’re in a goof standing. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance 🙂
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding Credit Score

Well if you make a list of them and how they are reported I can prob give you advice on how i would handle it. Also what state are you in.. so i can check to see what the Statue of limitations is in your state. Thanks
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can definitely do that and I’m in North Carolina.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This information was obtained from my credit report that I pulled from annualcreditreport.com last week. This is only the one from TransUnion. I'm at work and can print the others later and go through those as well. Thank you so much in advance Smiley Happy

Capital One Bank Card - ChargeOff

(2) Capital One Bank Card - ChargeOff

First Premier Bank - ChargeOff

Credit One Bank - ChargeOff

WebBank/Freshstart - ChargeOff (with $0 balance because I paid it)

LVNV Funding (which is the Credit One account just listed by a collections agency) - In Collections

Optimum Outcomes (Medical Bill) - In Collections

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Balances and DOFD will help greatly determine the order in which to proceed -I think. I'd definitely start working on PFD letters for the accounts that are in collections. Also, I'd work on writing GW letters for any accounts that reported late at one point as long as they're current. The account doesn't have to be current but it seems to improve the odds of success. You can also dispute any debt that doesn't belong to you as well. You can print out forms, and mail them in or you can use the online dispute portal via their websites. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i've been hearing a lot about the PFD letter. Is there a specific template that I should use and tweak it to cover my own personal experience?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.