Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Log - Lets go! OMW to 700!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding Log - Lets go!

Contact the bureaus and ask for EE on that one that comes off next week -you should get it easily...  Ask for a supervisor and see what you get.    I know it's only a week -but if you're anxious to apply - it sure couldn't hurt.   

Glad to know your child support is reporting correctly - my state is horrible about it - when I called they even said they get calls all the time (you would think they would fix the issue).  

I'm sure that you can knock several of those collections off with PFD's - like you said one is only $1!  If you can get those off - more power to you - or contact the OC and pay for recall from CA....that worked for me.

Good luck to you - can't wait to see your score bumps!

Message 21 of 61
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Contact the bureaus and ask for EE on that one that comes off next week -you should get it easily...  Ask for a supervisor and see what you get.    I know it's only a week -but if you're anxious to apply - it sure couldn't hurt.   

Glad to know your child support is reporting correctly - my state is horrible about it - when I called they even said they get calls all the time (you would think they would fix the issue).  

I'm sure that you can knock several of those collections off with PFD's - like you said one is only $1!  If you can get those off - more power to you - or contact the OC and pay for recall from CA....that worked for me.

Good luck to you - can't wait to see your score bumps!

Jlynn019 - I tried to contact Experian, but it seems like they do not have a 'speak to rep' mesage. I called 1 (888) 397-3742

Regarding the child support my son is in *edited*; I did expect the reporting to be skewed. I figured if the Child Support Agency is as good as their family court then I should expect poor reporting. Yes, I'm bitter, lol.

My goal is to have all of the medical & non-medical collections removed by the end of November, or at the very latest before 2016.

Good luck to you - can't wait to see your score bumps! - Me too!!! & I appreciate the support!

Experian: 693 | Transunion: 700 | Equifax: 690 | Utilization 4 %

EX: 5 | TU: 8 | EQ: 7
Message 22 of 61
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

I called Credit Check Total last night to cancel my trial, and they did indeed offer me a $14.97 a month instead of the $29.95

Great Value!!

Message 23 of 61
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

Update:

I' m listed on the ChexSystems report for a bank account I thought I closed in January 2012, US Bank($83); SDFCU is now out of the question. Probably start with Primor or Open Sky.

At this time the charged off First Premier card has yet to be removed. Today marks 31 days since I received the letter from them. I have tried to call the CRA's, but I can't get ahold of a real person to see when it's supposed to fall off.

Message 24 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lamplight2012 wrote:

Update:

I' m listed on the ChexSystems report for a bank account I thought I closed in January 2012, US Bank($83); SDFCU is now out of the question. Probably start with Primor or Open Sky.  I don't know much about ChexSystem - but shouldn't you be able to pay off US bank and get it removed....? Seems like if you can clean up a credit report you should be able to clean up Chex.

At this time the charged off First Premier card has yet to be removed. Today marks 31 days since I received the letter from them. I have tried to call the CRA's, but I can't get ahold of a real person to see when it's supposed to fall off.

Message 25 of 61
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lamplight2012 wrote:

Update:

I' m listed on the ChexSystems report for a bank account I thought I closed in January 2012, US Bank($83); SDFCU is now out of the question. Probably start with Primor or Open Sky.  I don't know much about ChexSystem - but shouldn't you be able to pay off US bank and get it removed....? Seems like if you can clean up a credit report you should be able to clean up Chex.

From what I've read it's almost impossible to remove anything from Chex. I may try to go speak with a branch manager to see if anything can be done.

Message 26 of 61
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

I just called Experian & spoke with a rep.

First Premier has been removed in their system but has not been updated on Credit Check Total; She indicates it may take up to 24-48 hours to reflect.

-Two Enhanced Recovery entries have been removed(T-Mobile & Sprint)

-A GW letter to Credit Protection Associates for a paid colleciton has been removed.

-A GW letter sent KHELSC to remove late payments has been corrected.

-Experian, Transunion, & Equifax have deleted old addresses so now I can move forward with WhyChat process for medical.

-Holding my breath on payment to OC($43) for three seperate collections to be recalled from OC & removed.

Next Step: Medical Collections(Send initial Dispute Letter) & Secured Credit Card.

Current score with Experian is: 607; Score should be bumping up here soon once FP falls off. Here in 15 days I get a free refresh with CCT for all three CRA's

Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 61
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

All,

I emailed SDFCU to find out some more information regarding ChexSystem. Here's what they said to me:

We are very happy you are considering joining SDFCU. 

ChexSystem is one of the various tools used to determine qualification for membership with SDFCU. If your previous account has been satisfied and paid then ChexSystems will not disqualify you for membership.

I'll be signing up here shortly even with my ChexSystem entry(once it's changed to paid).

Message 28 of 61
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

Just want to update & report that I got approved for a Capital One Secured Mastercard with a $49 deposit for a $200 credit line. I'll be deposting the monies later to Capital One.

I did not go with SDFCU, but now I have a card! Gotta start somewhere. Does anyone have tips for which card I should apply for next? I want to get atleast three.

Message 29 of 61
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

Score update

602-Experian -Collections: 9 medical
609-Transunion-Collections: 10 medical & 1 personal
624-Equifax- Collections: 8 medical & 1 personal

Once the Capital One account posts on my CR the scores should go up.

Now I'm working on the medical collections.

Message 30 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.