Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding Question

Unsure if this belonged to Rebuilding Credit or the Bankruptcy section, so feel free to relocate my thread.

I have lurked the board for quite awhile and at some point I read a thread which was basically the ultimate guide on what exactly to do once you have been discharged. I thought it was pinned somewhere on-site but I guess not and I cant find it anywhere with search.

If anyone has a link, please do me a favor and link it in the comments.

If I can't find the link, I'm curious if someone can give me a couple recommendations for my first steps on rebuilding.

Here is who I burned during my Chapter 7:

-USAA

-NFCU

-CHASE

-DISCOVER

-CITI

I'm interested in bankruptcy friendly secured cards that graduate. Or any bankruptcy friendly unsecured cards with no annual fees.

I have checked my credit reports, and all accounts are reporting IIB accurately, so luckily I have no errors to fix.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding Question

I am def interested in this too.

Message 2 of 6
ntx
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous and @Anonymous 

This may be the thread you're looking for... It's from 2012 so some things may have changed.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-p/1384075

Here is another thread on bankruptcy friendly credit cards. From 2015, so again, some info may no longer be valid.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Bankruptcy-Friendly-Credit-Cards-Pt-2/m-p/3999737#M27903

Message 3 of 6
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

I got a Capital One unsecured 6 months after.

The balance is painfully low, but... unsecured.

I recommend them.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

did you burn cap1 in your bk?

Message 5 of 6
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Yep. Capital One and Chase.

Capital One is the only one i've found that is friendly right after (that I would want to keep).

I assumed I would only qualify for Secured, but they took me back.

Thanks to COVID limits are low, but.. you might qualify sooner than you think for Unsecured.

At least for Capital One.

I was told Citi (never used) is a hard 2 year post-discharge limit (on apps),

and that Chase never takes you back if you've BK with them.

I plan to app for Citi once my 2 years post discharge date is up.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.